We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Midwest
4 posts
Save Topic
Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

A group of 20 or so of us are planning to go to Cabo for a family reunion late summer/early fall . . . can you reccomend resorts on the beach that are reasonably priced (under $200) with reasonably priced food available?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,448 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

I would recommend one of my favorites! Solmar! As for food prices, you can spend as much or little as you choose. They have a good menu and are now doing more buffets for those that like them. It's a short walk to town, the beach (no swimming) is virtually empty, the service is good-there are 3 pools, and it's pretty low key. Finisterra is another reasonable choice!

California
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

I am partial to the pueblo bonito resorts on Medano beach. The Rose is a beautiful grand resort with an huge pool and beautiful grounds.....The spa is awesome as well.....The Blanco which is right next door is smaller but still very nice. Thes eare both on Medano beach and are easy walking distance to town and there are some great restaraunts/bars right on the beach nearby.

Cabo_nut

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

CaboBride,

This is kind of "off the wall" but it would be cool to checkout vrbo.com(vacation rentals by owner) Maybe you could find a large Villa for rent where all of you could stay and prepare some light meals i.e. breakfast, etc. while being close to all of the action but not subjected to all of the touristas. For your budget it might work and some of these places are way cool, infinity pools etc. Just a thought and well worth looking into. when all else fails look to KatD for a good soultion! jim

California
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

Great point Jim .......Try this site www.cabovillas.com we thought about doing that a few years back but one of the families couldn't go. We toght it would be fun to have our own place.

Cabo_nut

New York
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

We stayed at the Calinda last year, late August. The hotel was great. Our room was big, and had a balcony with a view. We got the All-inclusive option and spent about $140 a night (double occupancy) and had all we could eat/ drink. The food wasn't great, but it was edible. The drinks were good. The service was good. - The views at the Calinda are unbelievable. - The pools are beautiful and there is a swimmable beach, but you have to go down MANY stairs to get to it.

The only problem is that the hotel is a bit of a distance out of town. It isn't for people seeking a wild party scene.

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

I would second KatD's recommendation of the Solmar Suites. Its a great little resort sited on one of the most unique and exotic locations anywhere. Request rooms 1123 and 1145 (bigger with wrap around balconies at the east end of the resort) and beach level suites in the East wing. You would walk straight out onto one of the most amazing beaches you will ever see. If you can get the Roca 1 Suite two couples can stay in comfort in one of the most unique suites anywhere in the world (and within your budget). You can use it as a gathering place for members of your family (but not all twenty).

Alternatively check out the TerraSol Condominiums next to the Solmar on the same great beach. They have beautiful units of many sizes.

Yet another option would be some of the large and magnificant villas in Pedregal which could accommodate your entire family. You would need a number of rental cars since walking would be difficult and taxis inconvenient.

You have chosen a great place for your family reunion. Best wishes for success with with your choice of accommodations.

7. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:43 am, March 29, 2005
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,448 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

Great suggestions listed here! You might also add to you "look at" list-Classic Mexico and Earth, Sea & Sky! they are great companies to work with and offer some great choices!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,448 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo Hotel Reccomendations???

The Roca suites are FANTASTIC!, but can be a little expensive.

There are units at Playa Grande that sleep 8 I think! They are huge and georgeous! I doubt the villas will be finished by then.