We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Hi!

I've been lurking for a while. Since Hurricane John. I found this forum while googling for info regarding how Cabo was doing through the storm.

I sure wish I had found you all sooner! This year we'll be going on our 4th trip to Cabo. We'll be there over New Years.

First year, we went in October - it was HOT! Since then, we've been going over New Years.

First year (9 of us) we all stayed in a house in Pedregal. Nice, but not easy to get in and out of. We were way up on the hill and had to rely on taxis.

Next two years we stayed at Marina Sol (7 people, next year 12 people). Fun and close to everything. We could walk to wherever we needed to go. Beach, town, etc. There were a couple issues with our room the first year, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Staff was nice, and pool area pleasant. Pool bar staff fun and friendly. The second year at Marina Sol, we rented one of the penthouses. Good idea if you are going with a bunch of people.

This year we'll be staying at Terrasol (8 people). We stayed there the first year for a few days before moving to the house at Pedregal. The last couple of years, we would go to Terrasol to see Mario (pool bartender) and view the sunsets.

We're exceited about our trip this year, even though we've been there 3 other times. It's great to get to know people who work at various locations around Cabo, and it's great seeing them year after year. We'll have to go say 'Hello" to Raul (calls himself Cool Raul) who works at the front desk at Marina Sol. Such a fun and friendly man!

Anyway, sorry so long! Just wanted to say Hi and happy to know you all are here!

Cheers,

Jen in Indy

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Jen in Indy - I'm coming with a group on Feb, I was a little nervous how warm it is, what is the weather like around new years? Just want to really make sure it is warm enough to lay out during the day and party like a rock star at night - thanks!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies! After reading so many of your posts the past few weeks, I knew you all would be a welcoming group!

New Years in Cabo. I haven't seen fireworks because I'm inside Cabo Wabo when the New Year hits. Our friends, and my husband, are huge Sammy fans. When he's in town with shows, they buy tickets to each show. I only go to one, the New Years show. I like Sammy, but only one show is good for me! Another couple and I usually go out to dinner during his other shows....anyhoo, I'm rambling! I thought I heard something about fireworks on Medano beach, but don't quote me. Cabo during New Years is full and very busy! We booked our rooms in June and almost didn't get the rooms we wanted because everything fills up so fast for New Years. We'll be there this year from Dec. 25th - Jan 6th.

Car Rentals. We've never rented cars when we've gone. I take that back... one friend that came to Cabo for a few days our first year, rented a mini van. He doesn't drink so he was a great designated driver! He was in town just to fish, fish, fish ; ). We opt to hoof it and rely on taxis. We tend to enjoy the Margaritas just a bit too much for us to drive ourselves around. Like a bumpersticker I saw in Cabo says, "A taxi is cheaper than a DUI"!

Sorry I can't help on the car rental front.

Caterers - Yes, we did that the first year for a birthday party. We hired this fellow:

http://www.cabovillas.com/chefs_menu.asp

He was friendly and the food was great! I would recomend it highly.

Weather during new years. I love it that time of year in Cabo! Yes, it's plenty warm during the day to lay out and get a tan. Then it's great weather for jeans and maybe a sweater or sweatshirt at night. Just depends on your body temp. If you tend to be a coldish person, take warmish stuff to wear at night. I've seen women wearing very skimpy dresses at night and carrying a shawl. I like to wear jeans in the evening and take a zipped sweatshirt with me.

Funny story about weather and how it's relative. Last year another couple and I walked into downtown cabo in the morning going to the bank machine. My friend was wearing her bikini with a very sheer coverup. Along came a local on his bike. He was wearing long pants,a fleece pullover and mittens! For him, it was winter, for us it was summer!

Okay, that's it for now. Sorry to be such a rambler! Gotta go paint an exterior door - joy of joys! ; )

Cheers,

Jen

STL
Level Contributor
404 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Thanks for the post Jen & Everyone Else.

It is nice to know we are not the only ones with this strange “Cabo Fever!” My wife and I have been 3 times in the last 4 years and can’t wait to go again in December for my 40th Birthday. There is just something about this town we can’t get enough of. Every trip we find something new. New Food, Place to shop etc! We love talking to people and finding that little out of the way place to eat and have a great dinner with drinks for $35 or less. Half the fun is finding the place! We looked for months for deal to go to Cancun, Jamaica, and the Bahamas, but we decided all things being equal, or close to it, we would go to Cabo. So, we are booked and ready to go! We Love the Town, the people, and just crashing on the beach. Yes, our friends and family think we are nuts, but I guess it boils down to…..

“IT’S A CABO THING, YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND!!”

(sorry jeep)

See You In Cabo

Davo

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the forum! As a fellow newbie to the forum, I can tell you that you'll like it here. Great people that love Cabo.

I know what you mean about weather is relative - when we were in Rio de Janeiro last winter, the weather was about 80 degrees. We went out in shorts and short-sleeved shirts, and quickly realized that everyone but us was wearing long pants and jackets! We walked around a local part of town, very warm, and all morning we saw only one other gringo, who of course was wearing shorts, while every single local was wearing long pants, sweatshirts and jackets!

Later that trip, though, in typical Rio fashion, the weather got REALLY hot and suddenly everyone in town was at the beach and practically naked.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Sunrise, I would suggest 3 small cars-that way you have the option of comming and going when you want a little easier than if you only get a couple of mid-size...........unless, of course, you always plan on going out as a group, or are all bringing lots of baggage....perhaps one large car and a couple VW's would work as well. It just seems that a huge van would be difficult to deal with on a daily basis.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

MYTVLZ - February is a GREAT month to go to Cabo. Weather is generally right around 80 degrees each day. Cool in the evenings but not really COLD, and no humidity....Darn near perfect!!!!

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

Jen and KatD-

Thank you! Both of your comments are very helpful. It doesn't matter how many times you visit Cabo there is still more to learn and you can't wait to get back to learn it.

18. Re: Hello fellow Cabo lovers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 18, 2009