We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Cabo in late Nov. It would be our first time for us there. We were wondering on how the weather and water temp would be around that time. Also We're leaning on Tesoro for accomodations and I wanted to know what would be the best transportation from the airport. I appreciate any info. Thanks

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

We always go down the end of November and the weather is great!

For us it's a great relief to leave the cold rain of Seattle for 70-80 degree days and 60-70 degree nights. It's rained on us a couple of times throughout the years, but not enough to spoil any fun.

Don't know what the water temperature is, but it's always warm enough for me to spend hours swimming/floating in the Sea of Cortez.

For transportation, we always use Transcabo, but others have their favorites as well.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

Haven't heard too much good feedback on Tesoro however have never stayed there myself. It used to be called Plaza Las Glorious (Plaza Not Glorious as called by many). If you are wanting to be on the marina you might try Marina Fiesta, its really nice.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

I really like Marina Fiesta too. Nice place and I think a better location then Tesoro. Transcabo seems to be the most popular. :-)

Have a great trip.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

Why not try one of the smaller boutique hotels. I think you get a lot more bang for your buck and it will be markedlyquieter.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
669 reviews
5. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

In late November, look for high temperatures in the low 80s, with low temperatures in the low 60s. Bring a sweater and long pants for the late evening hours, but a swimsuit and shorts for the daytime.

There is very little rain in November, Cabo averages about a half an inch for the month - expect plenty of sunshine!

Water temps that time of year are in the mid to high 70s - nice and warm - great for swimming and snorkeling, but starting to cool off a little bit after peaking near the mid-80s.

Tesoro is in a very good location, right on the marina close to the action - others have made good suggestions too. The Marina Fiesta is even closer to everything, and very nice, but I think more expensive, and there are great small boutique hotels downtown as well that are conveniently located central to everything.

There isn't really a "best" transportation, I think - picking you up and taking you to your hotel isn't a tremendous task. Any of the transfer companies will do a good job, I've never heard of anyone having problems. If it were me, I'd just price shop and go with the best value.

I hope this helps, you'll have such a great time!

Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
6. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

I stayed at Marina Fiesta last October and we really liked it, the location was great and we only took a cab once when returning from fishing with all our fillets. We are staying at Tesoro October 8th-12th so I will post a review after our return. We have not once stayed at the same place in 4 visits, it's not that we haven't found one we don't like, we just like to explore. Each time we moved closer to the action. Although there are some beautiful resorts in the corridor I probably wouldn't stay there again because cab fare is just way to much and we don't want to be bothered with driving while on vacation. I think your choice of staying at the Marina is a good one. One nice thing I read on the forum about Tesoro is they offer free water taxi service to Medano. It seems the reviews are also picking up since the new ownership.

One question I have for anyone who might have stayed at Tesoro. We would like to get one of the newly remodeled rooms. I have already emailed the hotel but was wondering what might happen if we put a some money in someones hands at check in???

Denver, Colorado
2 posts
7. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

Thanks for asking. We're looking to come in late November too. Good information!!! We're leaningt at staying at Sol Mar. Any insights or feedback?

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

We've stayed at Solmar in November and love it. We will be there late November this year. We love Solmar beach. We own at Solmar and Playa Grande, and my husband likes Solmar better, even though it is older. The rooms are plenty big and are kept very clean. We love sitting out on the balcony watching the fishing boats and trying to spot whales. It is a very peaceful resort.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,405 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

If I had to choose between Sol Mar and Tesoro, Sol Mar would definitely be my choice... no contest.

10. Re: How is Cabo in late november, weather, tourist, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 10, 2009