We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water temps and Scuba

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Briarcliff Manor...
Level Contributor
552 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
water temps and Scuba

Any suggestions for a reputable scuba place for beginners any advice on Blue adventures or aventurasazul.com? Also what is the water temps around Oct 1st. My wife and I have wet suits and we are wondering if we should bring them along

mareff

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water temps and Scuba

Hi Mareff,

If you have 3mm wetsuits, you may want to bring them along. Better to be comfortable, just in case, but you probably won't need them if the weather is good and you're not diving deep. The water is quite warm in October, normally around 80 degrees (Caribbean warm).

There's not really one scuba place around that stands out as a crowd favorite that I'm aware of - everyone is certified and capable in town. Just look for somewhere that will give you good customer service and the dives you want at the price you want to pay. A quick Google search will give you plenty to choose from.

October is normally a great time to dive Cabo Pulmo too, though right now it is probably suffering a bit of visibility loss due to runoff. Under normal conditions you can often get viz of over 100 feet there.

I hope this helps a bit - good luck, and have a great trip! Make sure to report back so everyone can hear the latest diving conditions!

2. Re: water temps and Scuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 21, 2009