We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurrican John Aftermath

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
chicago
Level Contributor
422 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hurrican John Aftermath

It is now Sept 4 and we are wondering how things are in Cabo...any storm damage? hopefully everyone is safe and sound. Any damage to the resorts/beaches? Did Pueblo Bonita Sunset weather the storm ok? We have reservations in a month or so. Always thinking of everyone and hoping that everyone stayed safe.

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
899 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

hi blarney

theres been alot of conversations on the board regarding the storm damage. do a search on the forum and you should get what you're looking for.

seems like cabo is fine, more damage to the east cape.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

Hi Blarneymo,

Take a look at the thread titled "Cabo at the Moment" for all the latest information on the storm. Here is the link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k77425…

All is well in Cabo now. The Pueblo Bonita awaits you with open arms.

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

blarney, when we bought at Sunset a selling point was that it was a great fortress far above the beach, rock solid into the mountain....that old hacienda style designed to bunker down.

When I last visited I took the infrastructure tour...the details on their desalination and electrical generation with huge water cistern were boggling! They said their goal was to be completely self-sufficient for two months. My ten year old found this one of the most fascinating activities of our trip...going in to the engine rooms, seeing the mega laundry with all of its' specialty machines (they have a machine that takes the wet sheets and simultaneously drys, irons and folds them.)

It was a bit like the show, How Its Made.

The policy is no children on the tour but I talked them in to it because he is such an engineering/science guy and that I would keep him "attached" to me.

They have a second tour we will take next time: restaurant/food.

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

What post was removed? How could this thread have gone astray?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,301 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

Wondering also, Baja!

Any current info on the East Cape area and the report of flooding in Todos Santos?

Southern California
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

KatD -

Still not much being reported as to road conditions. Post on this forum says bus company will be running their Cabo to La Paz route, I would think this would be Highway 19 passing Todos Santos but I am not sure.

Still not many reports coming from the East Cape area, but damage appears to be severe for many.

Mulege pictures near the river shows major damage including total loss of property.

I am going to post new due to my frustration. News media seems to have most people celebrating that Cabo was spared, while other areas will need our assitance.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,301 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

Good idea Off Road. I think you and I are hearing the same things-figured it was the road via TS also, and I also have no current info on the area. Patti assured me she will let me know as soon as she finds anything out also.

san diego
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

Here is a link on some of the damage done by John:

parkmodelexpress.com/baja/Hurricane%20John

9. Re: Hurrican John Aftermath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 20, 2009