We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Rent a Car

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Rent a Car

Does Alamo have an office in town or only at the airport? We will be at PB Blanco for two weeks in November, but only want to rent a car for one week. We would love to use the Costco/Alamo discount, but need to be able to turn in the car in town.

Alamo's web site has been no help. They show two offices in town but won't let us make a reservation with drop off at either of them. It only lets us drop off at the airport.

We can use a PB discount through Avis, but it is $58 a week more than Alamo, and I'd rather spend that money on margaritas.

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Rent a Car

A compact car at Avis is $160 a week on the prepay plan at Blanco. Are you getting a car for only $102 for a week at the beginning of high season? Good deal!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Rent a Car

NewGrama...isn't it great so much more fun then being mom;)

Can't say about Alamo but we have used Dollar always set up online because it is so much less expensive and they have a desk at the resort where we stay, but they also say we have to drop off at the airport. We just go to the desk at the resort when we are done and ask to turn it in there or can they help us arrange a ride back everytime they just sort of shake their head say it is ok to turn it in there because they usually have people wanting them, I can't say it will work for Alamo but it works at Dollar. The highest we have paid so far has been $268 for a week including insurance during high season (christmas & new year) for a jeep wrangler, I booked in early before high season, some friends of ours joined during our stay and they paid a lot more for a small economy car by waiting.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Rent a Car

Our small economy cars have always been about $130 for a week during spring break. We've rented from Avis and figure having transportation to/from the airport takes care of part of the rental.

california
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Rent a Car

Hi, newgrama. My family and I were in cabo Aug 18- Aug 25. We stayed a Fiesta Americana. We definitley needed a car to rent staying there if we wanted to do any type of sightseeing and going into town. We did rent from Alamo and yes the office we rented was in town. I still have my paper work so I can give you the direct phone number which is (624) 143-60-60. Hope this helps. Have a great trip!!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Rent a Car

Thanks, luv. This is the information I need.

6. Re: Alamo Rent a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, August 21, 2009