We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo vouchers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo vouchers

We are headed to Cabo for the first time and I am wondering if someone can explain the vouchers for me. When it says 35% off does that mean the entire meal or a specific dish? Is liquor included in that discount. Are the discounts on the up and up? It seems like a great way to save $$ just wanting to know how to use it properly. Has anyone had a problem either getting the vouchers and/or getting a refund on unused ones?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo vouchers

Hi

35% off means that you buy yourself "gift certificates" at a discounted price. If you want $100 worth of vouchers / certificates, you pay Los Cabos Guide $65 for those certificates. Then you spend them like money at the specific restaurant (no change returned from a certificate, so you'll get 20's and 10's and 5's, and you give the waiter close to the amount with vouchers. If the meal is $71, you might give him $70 in certificates and a one dollar bill. Tip in not included.)

No trouble getting refunds on unused vouchers.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo vouchers

Have you ever used the discount passport?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo vouchers

Kelly....I always get the Passport Card. Its good for a year and gets you discounts on restaurants and activities. I you use it for both its a super way to save.

I use the vouchers too.

Edited: 11:33 am, August 26, 2014
Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
62,498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo vouchers

The Los Cabos Passport works for any of the listed restaurants & activities. If those interest you, then the card is a good value.

The Vouchers are purchased for specific restaurants or activities, so you need to plan in advance.

There is some overlap of businesses, but there are some that are just in one program.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo vouchers

To answer the most important question you asked, yes it includes your alcohol! They are a good deal and they have some decent ones on right now for 50% off as well. They will deliver them to your resort for no charge also.

We always get the Passport too and they have some good restaurants such as Maria Jimenez and Los Barrilles on the list now.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo vouchers

I saw Maria Jimenez as new too!! We may try that one out this trip!!

The voucher do include alcohol...The passport card does not..

Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo vouchers

Where do you get these vouchers?

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
62,498 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo vouchers

Los Cabos Guide www.loscabosguide.com/discounts/index.html

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo vouchers

The Passport card web site is www.loscabospassport.com

Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo vouchers

I love the vouchers!!!! Saves lots of money. So I just want to add to the explanation.......You have to select the activity or restaurant that you want as the vouchers are SPECIFIC to each place. Therefore it requires preplanning. Go on the restaurant website to determine what the prices are so that you can purchase the correct amount of vouchers Good luck. It's super easy.