We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Cabo San Lucas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
UK to Cabo San Lucas

My son, who now lives in Canada, has decided to get married on the beach at Cabo San Lucas. It seems an easy ride from Canada, but a nightmare from England. I notice that most of the posters on here are Canadian or American, but are there any English people who have managed to make the trip without umpteen stop overs and massive start to finish 'flight' times.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

It's possible to do London-SJD with one stopover in just under 18 hours each way (changing in Mexico City or Los Angeles). Use a booking engine to find various options. Here's an example in November:

BA LHR-MEX 1.05pm-6.45pm

Aeromexico MEX-SJD 10.00pm-11.20pm

Returning:

American SJD-LAX 2.45pm-4.20pm

American LAX-LHR 6.35pm-1.15pm (next day)

Price around 1,500 USD

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

See my post about the nonstop out of JFK (New York City) flights...don't know the wedding dates...but my post shows the flight nonstop dates on Delta. Maybe you could make a great connection there?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k76433…

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,033 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

Another thought would be to arrange a couple of days lay-over both directions, as that works really well for my Aussie friends............they book RT LAX and then RT LAX-SJD and have a couple days both ways to shop and relax.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

You could also use American Airlines and bounce off Dallas, or the BA codeshare to Phoenix and then onto SJD. Or, if you want to take a day or so in getting there, take the BA flight to San Diego and then catch an Alaska Air flight down to SJD.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

Another option would be fly direct to Vancouver,BC 8.5 hours layover then fly West Jet direct 4.5 hours.

The Calgary hub is another option with less air time.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

Ok. Done the UK to Cabo (SJD) thing a lot over the years.

If you don't want a lengthy layover, you need to fly British Airways through Dallas (DFW).

Don't know when you're going but in November flights are around GBP800 all-in on Expedia.

You will leave London at a decent time and get to SJD at 20.30

It's a long day, but you do get there without stopping over.

7. Re: UK to Cabo San Lucas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 26, 2015