We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
271 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

Hi Everyone

Ive just booked my next Cabo trip, Feb 12-28 2015. There are currently a few vouchers available for some restaurants we know we always frequent and these vouchers are rarely available, Ive seen them only once or twice before. If I purchase them now would they still be good in February? I would contact loscabosguide directly but I find they do not respond to emails often, at least not to mine!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

I have vouchers I bought last October for my trip in February. I still had some left and they said they'd be good when I come back next January. You can always return them for a refund if you don't use them.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

They will only refund up to 120 days from date of purchase so thats why i wanted to confirm if they expire

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

Just checked my vouchers. There isn't an expiration date on any of them and I have them for nine different places.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

You have to look at them individually as I have bought some with expiry dates. However most of the ones I have used did not have dates and if were not used when bought they were honored on next trip. Of course these were at establishments that have been around for some time. May be risky to do this if buying them for new restaurant/companies as places open and close regularly in Cabo. As others have said can be returned within 120 days of purchase.

I just called them today to get some for Baha Cantina Beach which is on their site and was advised no longer available. I wish they would keep the list updated!

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

There are no expiration dates per se, but each business renews their contracts I belive quarterly with Los Cabos Guide. So if you purchase them for a restaurant that no longer accepts them, you would be out that money unless you were within the return date timeframe.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

I used some in May that had an expiration date on them. They were for Hacienda el Coyote. The food is really good there!!!!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

I was told awhile back that if the business closes down you could get a refund, even if it's after the 120 days. Seems like that would only be fair but who knows what they're doing these days.

8. Re: Vouchers - Do they have an expiry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, July 14, 2015