We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 2014 Trip Report - short

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
April 2014 Trip Report - short

The power of this website is incredible. I had no idea!

Seeing how many people post on discussion page, decided to post here and wrote a couple of reviews too.

Hacienda Cocina y Cantina - is perfect for any size group. Wonderful for an intimate dinner or large group of fun lovers! Food is fresh and innovative. Prices are quite reasonable. The view and ambiance have become my personal favorite in Cabo.

Wamonga - had an nice breakfast meeting there. Like the open kitchen design. Food was good, service pleasant and swift. First time there in all these years! Wont be our last. Next trip will try another meal.

Baja Brewing - we used to really enjoy a beer and burger here - its just not the same since David is gone. May he rest in peace. So sad he was so young. I learned of his sudden passing from Lori Garcia - he was their General Manager for several years.

Senor sweets - agree it aint what it once was. Darn. but Dairy Queen still is! Gotta have ice cream in Cabo. We also like Michoacán nevia but cant always find it walking! LOL

I/we have worked with Tommy and Lori at www.cabomagic.com since 2001. Their service is outstanding. Have organized groups of as many as 80 at a time for corporate events. The fishing trips were flawless and every one of our attendees had a fabulous time. The attention to detail is what I rely on - every time. All boats and crews are fantastic in their own special ways. Again, highly recommend.

Barb

Edited: 9:22 pm, June 08, 2014
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,060 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

Not heard of Wamonga???????????? and I am sad to hear yet another person say Sr. Sweets isn't as good :( I didn't make it there this last trip-so perhaps that was a good thing.

So happy you love working w/Cabo Magic! I used to always recommend them back when I was an agent, and they always did a super great job taking care of my clients! Plus, they are just really great people!

Thanks for the report!!!!!!!!!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

KatD - I've so enjoyed your posts over the years! I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker lol ..

Wamonga was enjoyable. I'm not sure what type of crowd they are seeking to attract at other times of the day, but breakfast was as I said quite enjoyable. Lori is a sweetheart she goes way out of her way to make things happen - years ago they did set the pace and standard for the way things are now done.

See you around! Barb

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

Here is the website which appears to be current to Jan 9, 2014...it says it is in the Tesoro Hotel...guess they didn't change it to Wyndham!! Wonder where it is...as I walk that area alllll the time and never ever saw it???!! Weird...

http://www.loscabosguide.com/wamongo/

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,060 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

Hi Barb-and lurking is fine, but you have some good info to share! :)

If I get to make my May trip, I will have to check out Wamonga!

As you know-I always love it when Cabo Magic gets mentioned!!!!! Yes, she definitely goes out of her way to make things happen, and they do a wonderful job!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, TJ!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

TravelJudy and KatD, Wamongo is immediately next to Solomon's Landing.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,060 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

Thanks, Eljefe-I must have been busy people watching on my way to the Tiki Bar and didn't even notice it! LOL

7. Re: April 2014 Trip Report - short

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 12, 2015