We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu or marquis??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
nashville, tennessee
6 posts
Save Topic
riu or marquis??

going to cabo for the first time and have booked the marquis,but now i'm second guessing myself as that we'd like to be closer to a swimming area and to town for walking distance. totally confused,

but hear not so great and not so bad reviews on the riu and have no TA reviews on the marquis. can anyone help? I will be on my honeymoon in June.

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu or marquis??

tenngal-

IMO of the two Marquis is the superior property. It is on the corridor some distance from Cabo. Check out the Baja California forum (above) for reviews. Renting a car would give you the best of both worlds. Rui would be a long walk from town as well.

nashville, tennessee
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: riu or marquis??

thanks for the info ,still leaning towards the marquis, but always up for suggestions to be a little closer to the swimming areas and the nightlife??

us
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: riu or marquis??

the too arent even close marquis for your honey moon for sure stick with where your at you made the right choice

San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu or marquis??

From Amontoya's previous posts, she/he is pretty familiar with the luxury resorts in Cabo. I've seen both and stayed at RIU. Would definitely honeymoon at the Marquis.

Stillwater, MN
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riu or marquis??

You should definately stay at the Marquis. They don't even compare. You are of course going to spend more money on food, drink, and rental car. You won't care about a swimming area once you see the pools at the marquis; it is like you are in the ocean.

It is a great honeymoon hotel.

Nathan

Lincolnton, North...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: riu or marquis??

Just got back from the RIU, I haven't seen the Marquis but I would definitely go anywhere but the RIU for a honeymoon.

That's not to say we didn't have a good time, we did, there were just a lot of children not being supervised by there parents. ICK

I'll do a report on the RIU shortly.

7. Re: riu or marquis??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 16, 2009