We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf near Grand Solmar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Red Oak, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Golf near Grand Solmar

We will be there May 31st thru June 7th. I believe Diamante(?) is not far. What else is close and as far as deals is it best to go through the LosCabos vouchers program or guide?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

No golfing actually "close" unless you want to 'hit the putt-putt' at PG.................Rocky will definitely have real info for you though!

Red Oak, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

KatD, lol thanks !! Not quite the golf I was looking for.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

Renting a car?? If not Diamante is big bucks to get there...about $35 each way.

Do the Diamante timeshare...get free golf...lots to see in the timeshare presentation...and wasn't all that bad...but be prepared for the shock at the prices!!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,892 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

James....Lots of amazing golf in the area. Also lots of amazing prices. The close course to you is the "Country Club". It was formerly called the Raven. Just before you enter Cabo you will see a large exit sign over the Highway that says "The Country Club". It is a good course and the least expensive course available. Also the least amazing.

The Groupo Questro courses are excellent. www.questrogolf.com My favorite is the Puerto los Cabos course in San Jose. Its a rambling 18 holes of golf with elevation changes and stunning views of the sea of Cortez. Free food and drink is included in the round. One nine was designed by Greg Norman, and the other by Jack Nicklaus.

You can get a golf pass which will discount 2/3 rounds of golf on any of their courses from their web site.

Nearby Cabo Del Sol has two fantastic 18s. The Ocean course has been on TV played by the Pros. Their lovely Desert course is the best price with the twilight rate.

www.cabodelsol.com/

Give Palmilla golf courses a look too. This high end property has 3 terrific nine hole courses. I like the mountain nine the best. Join that with either the Ocean nine or the Arroyo nine for a great round.

All the courses in Cabo rent clubs, and have coolers on the carts and cart girls on the course. They all also have putting greens and driving ranges.

You will find some good prices on www.ezlinks.com from 1 to 12 days before you play.

Renting a car for the day is the most cost effective way to get around. When you consider the cost of transportation, rent a car at the Airport for the week is your best bet. It will pay for itself.

You should be able to get a compact car for $250/$300 including all insurance and taxes.

Diamante while rated one of the 100 best courses in the world is not a fun play compared to the other courses in the area that are also excellent. Lots of wind on that side of Cabo can play havoc with your game. Plus it will be Over $300 to play unless you get a freebie by doing a time share tour.

Edited: 4:11 pm, March 30, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Jose
San Jose
California
Cabo del Sol
Cabo del Sol
40 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Riverside, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

James......Rocky is our golf expert.....so whatever he recommends is the way to go! Have fun!

Red Oak, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

mssmweis , Yeah I knew there were a "few" golf devotees on here. Rocky gave some great detailed info! I am leaning towards Puerto los Cabos course, the Nicklaus/Norman design.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

Somehow-James, I didn't think that would fit your needs, but I hoped Rocky would see this, and so glad he did!!!!!!!!! ;)

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,892 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

K......So how do I get to that Putt Putt ? ...... : }

9. Re: Golf near Grand Solmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 02, 2015