We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-fi at SJD airport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Elburn, IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wi-fi at SJD airport

Curious if there is free Wi-Fi at SJD airport and if anybody has attempted to use Whatsapp on there phone to communicate with another cell phone at the airport. Thanks

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

They do not offer free wifi at the airport. I have never used whatsapp.

canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

A number of places in the food court will provide you with a free wi-fi code when you buy from them.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

canuckcowboy I did not know that, thank you! We normally just sit waiting for our plane, wishing we could access the net.

Do you know any specific establishments that offer that? I'm not questioning your post at all, I have just never seen any signs promoting Wi-Fi, and it would most certainly be worthwhile. Too...are you talking about Terminal 1 or Terminal 2? (Hopefully, both.)

Climax, MI
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

I know Carls Jr for sure has it - I just used it Saturday! :)

Elburn, IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

Thanks for your input. We are arriving on American (Terminal 1 ?) and our son is arriving on United (Terminal 2 ?) Trying to come up with a secure game plan on how we can communicate. Don't have a high confidence level our iphones w/sprint service will have phone service.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

I think Bob D is interested in getting free Wi-Fi on arrival at the airport. I don't believe you can go to Carl's Jr. on arrival can you?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

Bob D.......El Jefe is correct you can't get to Carls on Arrival. Its on Departure that you can access that area after you check in and pass thru the Duty Free Shopping area.

American Air is in Terminal 2. United was in Terminal 1. Both are walkable from each other.

The company that is picking you up tracks the flights and will get the passengers as they arrive. You could take from 15 minutes to over an hour to clear customs. No way to tell based on the number of flights that arrive at the same time.

Elburn, IL
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

ok - what about texting in SJD. Anybody have recent experience texting in the airport if cell service doesn't work.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

I didn't have any trouble at all texting in the airport but I have Tmobile, don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
571 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wi-fi at SJD airport

I have AT&T and have not had any problems texting in the airport.