We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Victoria, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

On our recent trip to Cabo, we stayed at the Hyatt Ziva all-inclusive for four nights and then rented a van from BB Car Rentals to drive up for the next week at Cerritos Surf Colony near Todos Santos. Both resorts were wonderful and the ocean views were magical. As for car rentals, I would highly recommend BB Car Rentals - it was straight forward and the price quoted to me beforehand is EXACTLY what I paid. The vehicles are older than other rental places but our van worked perfectly well and it was nice to save the money. Gerritt's policy of returning the vehicle back at 1/2 tank instead of full tank made life a breeze for us - we filled up during our trip and so it reduced stress when it came to returning the van prior to going to the airport. I plan on using his services again when we return to Cabo in November.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

I have heard great things about BB - I personally use Payless for my friends - best rate on travelocity.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,853 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Jim K........Your friends might like the deal this Trip Advisor Canadian offers for his car rental.

Chevy Malibu....$200 a week. Fully insured. Call Dan.... 604-243-9552 or daniel-dawson@shaw.ca

He store his car close to the SJD airport.

Victoria, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Oops - I got the name wrong - it is BBB Car Rentals

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Good deal for anyone Rocky and a chance to help a local charity.

Car is out for the next two weeks.

Dan

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

Rocky. Does he have renters insurance? Otherwise it's not fully insured. I would think a so called "DE" would not push an illegal business. Even in Mexico your insurance is invalid if you rent your personal car. And we know it's not a registered business and does not pay taxes

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

Pay taxes???? Does anyone in Mexico pay taxes????

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

Yes the car has full insurance, Bob who some may know made sure everything is covered.

The car is not intended to be rented as such all money goes to charity, it just happens when I left I had a choice and people lined up to buy it. I decided to keep it due to the condition and park it in storage.

There is zero profit and I have no interest in profiting from it as I will still use the car when down there.

Just a chance to help a charity with a car that would otherwise be parked.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental

If it's not registered as a rental and you are not registered as a rental company, it is not insured. Don't BS everyone one. It's not legal in Mexico and if there is an accident, it's not insured.

What fictitious charity gets the money ????

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental

Tooleys Smile charity.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental

Tooley's Project Smiles is not fictitious...

We have raised a lot of money for them...they are an official charity..

So much good has been done...Did you see the video just posted by her?

Thanks a bunch Dan!!