We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose del Cabo question?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Manitoba
Level Contributor
344 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
San Jose del Cabo question?

WE are staying in the marina area for a week in April and wonder about spending a full day in San Jose del Cabo at an AI hotel and paying a daypass rate for the day....................any recommendations on which place to get a day pass to enjoy the immenities for the day??

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,190 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

The Hyatt Ziva is getting good comments about its food and drink. It was the New Barcello and was bought by Hyatt. Its on the beach about a 1 1/2 mile walk from the Town Square.

Chandler, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

We"re here at the Holiday Inn right now and the food is so-so. My husband and I eat out one meal a day at a local restaurant. I would definitely look for a place that has better food. We're enjoying everything else here though! :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

I can't speak for the food, but the Grand Mayan also offers a day pass. Once you get there, you could walk the Hotel Road and do a tour of a couple to see what you prefer.

If you are looking for inexpensive, then further down the beach Bel Air also offers a day pass for about $60 I believe, compared to about $90 elsewhere. But their amenities are not as extensive as the larger resorts.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

Pantix,are you sure they will not push you in a" 90 minute presentation" if you go to the Grand Mayan for a day?I have heard horror stories of their pushy agents on pestering visitors there just for a meal,visit friends etc.

5. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, February 17, 2014
Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

A friend of mine went to the spa at Cabo Azul a few years ago (while staying at the Hilton timeshare side) and asked to look around a bit. Someone, I guess a salesman, gave her a little tour and also said she could come back with her husband and the other couple they were there with and stay for the day. They may have also given them some food/drink vouchers? Don't know if they still do this, but it wouldn't hurt to give a call and ask. She said it was absolutely beautiful there.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

Vancouver Pinoy:

I don't know if the timeshare presentation is mandatory. I asked at the desk and they just said they sell day passes.

Jenn-NY9. We always go to the spa at Cabo Azul. I also know someone who slipped the waiter at their pool bar $20 and he let the entire family use the pool and towels. But keep in mind...it's not an AI so you have to pay for your food and drink as you go.

Food and drinks there are really good. (but not cheap)

Spa massage is US pricing (i.e. $120 )

Edited: 8:10 pm, February 17, 2014
Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

My friend didn't tip anyone, I'm pretty sure they counted her little tour as a timeshare presentation and that's how they all got to spend the day. Yes, it's not an AI, but my friend's pictures were amazing.

9. Re: San Jose del Cabo question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 19, 2015