We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hospital / medical facilities

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London
Level Contributor
226 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hospital / medical facilities

I've read some of the horror stories about the problems people have had obtaining medical treatment (as well as some good stories) and whilst my family is in good health and we have medical travel insurance, I do like to be prepared and know where to go in an emergency.

So, what medical facility do you folks recommend in an emergency? And where would you go for non-emergency treatment for, say, a minor injury?

We are staying at Palmilla.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,573 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

The One and only Palmilla resort has a good medical staff on site to help with heart attacks when their customers see the bill !!!!

The available medical facilities are quite good in the area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

I too would like to know this info and am staying in CSL. I know to stay away from One World. I've heard Amerimed in San Jose is recommended, as well as Dr. McAllister?? Can anyone make specific suggestions?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

@Cancunagain_11

It was reported in the following thread by NewGrama that Dr. McAllister passed away.

tripadvisor.ca/…5349

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

Thank you for sharing- I'd read many good things.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,414 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

Yes, unfortunately he was in a fatal car crash. We were lucky enough to meet him and have him treat Robert one time.

He was an amazing man.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

I had no idea Dr. McAllister was so young...how sad.

translate.google.com/translate…

7. Re: Hospital / medical facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 17, 2015