We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Redrum question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
california
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Another Redrum question

Does the Redrum package include a license?If so,what about needing proof of a license at the airport when leaving with a cooler full of fish?Also,the 31ft seems like the boat of choice.Looking to keep costs down since we are going to fish for 3-4 days.31 ft price is about 545,while 28ft price is about 435. Is the 28 ft boat big enough for 4 comfortably,fast enough to get where we need to go,and would you or have you fished on a 28ftr with redrum?

thanks again

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Redrum question

redneck,

The fishing lic. is included in the cost of the charter. Vince or Heather will give you a copy, however i will say that i have brought fish from nearly every big game fishing port in this hemisphere and have never been ask for my lic. They will ask you if the cooler contains beef or other animal or vegetable products. Be sure to bring tape to secure your cooler and extra tape to re-secure the cooler after customs goes throught it. Remember dry ice is not available in Cabo. Your fish will be vaccumed packed. fresh or smoked ,as you wish, and frozen. We simply freeze a few bottles of water and pack them on top of the cooler. This suffices for most transcontinental flights as the cargo holds are not heated.

The 31 Bertram enjoys almost cult status in sportfishing circles, however we most always charter the 28 which we find perfectly suited for 4 anglers. I admit i am some what spoiled when it come to sportfishing boats, and i am happy with the performance and seakeeping ability of the 28 Californians. Remember it is almost always the skill of the Captain and Mate who are responsible for the hookup. Their presentation of the bait and manuevering of the boat while the fish is in play is critical . Likewise it is you who (hopefully) is on the recieving end of a 180lb Striper. They are a handfull on light to medium tackle. There are lots of opportunities for light tackle fishing nearshore, dorado, sierra, pargo and the like. All of these are great table fare as well as a sporting fight in the pit. If you are going to fish 3 or 4 days you should consider fishing in SJD with Eric Bricston at Gordo Banks Pangas out of LaPlayita. You would need 2 pangas for the 4 of you, but the cost is equivalent or less than a cruiser and the pangas can be a real hoot with the dorado and tuna etc. Hope this helps. Tight lines! j.p.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
california
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Redrum question

Thats what I call a great answer.

thank you very much

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Redrum question

redneck,

you are more than welcome. Looking forward to you catch report! j.p.