We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruise (or something)?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset cruise (or something)?

So I've seen mention of sunset cruises. Are these just booze cruises at sunset, or are there ones that we could do that have like a more romantic atmosphere? My fiance and I are not party people. We like adventure and relaxation, not drunken revelry. Does anyone have any recommendations on something kind of neat and romantic we could do? Something we don't need reservations for, as we are arriving tomorrow and would like to just wing most of the stuff we do (aside from the whale shark snorkle adventure, which I've already booked. EEEEK!) :D

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,541 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

Hi

The cruises range in clientele, atmosphere, and beverages/snacks. Here is the list: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c188781 I enjoyed the Tropicat Jazz & Wine cruise last October, but I think our group of seven women wasn't as quiet as the romantic couples nearby might have wanted.

If one of these cruises appeals to you, ask your concierge to call and make reservations for you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

What is the difference between Eco Sunset Cruise and EcoCat Sunset Cruise?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

EcoCat is the name of a boat- not sure on the other.

des moines
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

Fwiw.....we just did the Eco cat and loved it. We maybe had 15 people on our catamaran......meanwhile the Cabo express? Had close to 175 people, blaring music......was packed.

We aren't party people either so we loved the laid back boat

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Grand Rapids
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

My husband and I did the Tropicat Wine and Jazz Sunset Cruise this past Nov. and loved it! Appetizers, drinks, photographer, and approx. 20-25 people on board. Highly recommend....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

So how does these vouchers work?

If I buy $100 worth of vouchers for discounted price - let's say I pay $65 - when I book a cruise - for 4 people if it is $100 then I pay nothing when using vouchers, correct?

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
66,541 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

Vouchers are like discounted gift certificates that you buy for yourself.

If you buy $100 worth of vouchers (certificates), you pay Los Cabos Guide $65. Then you take your vouchers with you and give them to the activity vendor or restaurant to cover your $100 cost.

If it costs $150 for 4 people to go on a sunset cruise, you would buy $150 worth of vouchers for $97.50. Make reservations for the cruise. When it's time to pay when you board the cruise, hand over the vouchers.

You will not get change. If you give the waiter $100 in vouchers for a meal that costs $95, there is not change. And vouchers cannot be used for tips.

More info about "Visiting Cabo and Spending Less" tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c131623

===============

>>What is the difference between Eco Sunset Cruise and EcoCat Sunset Cruise?<<

Where did you read about these? I think they're the same.

Mentioned in this post
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

Thanks PacificNWFamily! So you kind of have to know what kind of activities you are interested and what company/vendor you want to use since cost could be different for different vendors, right? what denominations vouchers come in?

Washington State
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
66,541 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

Yes, the vouchers are for specific companies. The Los Cabos Guide staff will provide a variety of denominations so you won't get all 20's. And you need to know how much you might want to spend with a particular vendor or at a restaurant. The program works well, if you want to go to that "place."

loscabosguide.com/discounts/index.html Note that there are some vouchers offered for 50% off (Eco Cat!)

DarlingDevin ~ since you are arriving tomorrow, you can't get the Vouchers delivered to you at home. But you can pay a fee to have them delivered to your hotel. This would be a good deal IF (big IF) you want to go to enough restaurants or cruises or activities. Check carefully.

Mentioned in this post
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset cruise (or something)?

lminla, the vouchers come in $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 dollar denominations. You should go to the website and look through the details of how it all works. There are also places currently with 60% discounts although those will change on January 31st.