We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Vendors

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
173 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Vendors

Having been frequent visitors to the Cancun area, we actually like beach vendors! ( I know, right?) I have gotten some really lovely silver jewelry, fun sunglasses, and other silly stuff... Are there vendors traveling the beach in the Cabo area? We will be at the Westin/Club Regina in a few weeks. Thanks for the info!

Deb and Jim

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach Vendors

You can cut the price in half for most things. It's only worth what you are willing to spend. Work out what you feel is good for you and them. Jewelry is such a range in price , hard to say an average price. For a ring , necklace , money clip , there are so many differences.

Sun dresses are anywhere from $8-10 up to $15-20. Depends on size , material , style. Again , they are worth what you are willing to pay for them. My wife has a closet full of them ! I would say an average of $16/17.

The beach is a great place to find junk ! The best prices if you haggle them. Or the cheap stores in town are about the same (like our dollar stores at home). You may find nicer jewelry in town and real silver. Take a small magnet. If it sticks , it's only plated.........have fun with it !!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
499 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach Vendors

Hew24 - Thanks! So not just beach vendors but you haggle prices everywhere in Cabo? I don't want to bargain at places I shouldn't, kwim? Help...

Does any one know prices for the braids/beads for girls' hair? I have 2 daughters 10 yr olds and they would love to get a braid or two. Thanks.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach Vendors

The retail stores where you see price tags are usually set prices. If you have to ask how much , you are open to make offers.

My wife gets beads and briads almost every trip. They will charge depending on length of hair and style of beads. I believe it starts at about $20........again , on the beach.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
499 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach Vendors

Thank you Hew24 - appreciate it!

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach Vendors

In our experience, Cabo beat out Cancun vendors by about 100 to 1. Seriously, anytime we spent in Medano we were approached by vendors constantly- like one a minute! So, if you are looking for vendors, I would say you are headed to the right place!

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
124 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Beach Vendors

I think swarmed is a pretty valid term on Medano Beach. It's pretty continual. We don't mind. We've found some fun stuff and I appreciate being able to do my shopping while I'm sitting in a lounge chair with a drink in my hand. LOL They are very friendly and a polite "no gracias" is enough to keep them moving. If we don't want to be bothered as much then we choose a seat that isn't so close to the front/water. Happy haggling!

17. Re: Beach Vendors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 31, 2015