We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Jan 2014

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report Jan 2014

First thank everyone that has and takes the time to answer all the questions asked on this forum! This is the first time I've ever posted on any forum so I can cross this off my bucket list too LOL.

My husband and I (38 and 42) decided to go to Cabo for the first time. We were there from Jan 8 to 12.

We live in Las Vegas but Alaska doesnt fly McCarran to Cabo so we flew Southwest to San Diego and stayed there Jan 5-7 Flight schedules didn't line up. Caught the shuttle to Humphreys Half Moon Inn and had a terrific time - we will definitely go there again!! We took shuttle to airport. Everything was so easy. San Diego airport is a breeze, especially compared to the nightmare at LAX. We do carryons and all went well.

Breezed thru immigration and got the green light. Went outside where we bought a couple of cold Coronas, and found the shared shuttle we arranged with Transcabo. Again really easy.

We opted to stay at Marina Fiesta because of the location on the marina. It was a nice enough place. We were in a basic room. Clean, bright, attractive furnishings! We were on the first floor so our view was the pool which was fine.

We declined the invitation to view another property, and declined all invitations to view any property or free lunch, free dinner, free tequila, free blanket, free money. We know better and were not interested in spending any minute of our precious vaca-time listening to a pitch.

We went to the marina and began familiarizing ourselves with places. We had received and printed out a few maps which were very helpful.

Restaurant meals included Hacienda Cocina (Amazing ate here three times) Gardenias (loved it - ate here a few times) Mariscos Tres Islas (loved it) Koi Sushi (loved it) Salvatores (good) Desparados (good) Missiones de Kino (ok) and we had to try Gordo Leles which was wonderful fun, and Sharkeys where we brought our fresh caught fish.

We walked for hours and hours - weather was great.

We fished on a share charter arranged by Lori from Cabo Magic Sportfishing which was awesome. Neither of us were, or will become fishermen LOL but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Lori was thorough and her information was spot on and very helpful. She paired us up with another couple from Canada. The four of us hit it off so much so that we met for drinks and meals after our fishing excursion. While we were out we saw whales, dolphins and a giant sea turtle. We caught dorado, sierra mackerel and another fish we cant remember the name of but it sounded like "barrette" LOL. We brought some fish to Sharkeys and had a wonderful dinner. We had some fish frozen and brought that back with us in our carry on. It was one gallon sized zip lock bag and we had no problem doing so.

Overall our trip was marvelous. We were able to enjoy picture perfect weather and lots of restful peaceful time together. We felt perfectly safe at all times. We will go again.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Sounds like a great trip !!!! Thanks for the report..........

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Great report Lori! Thank you!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Loved reading of your trip, and was really happy to hear you dealt with Lori and Cabo Magic! I have recommended them for years! She is so sweet! Glad you had a good experience with them, and it sounds tasty also ;) Glad you will return, and thank you for sharing!

Edited: 5:42 pm, January 20, 2014
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Would you stay at Marina Fiesta again? My daughter and her husband are considering staying there, as you said, mainly for the location. Nice pool area? Thanks

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,564 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Lori G. .........Enjoyable reading. Its so nice when people take the time to post a trip report.

Nickfish......The pool area there is nice. I walked thru and was impressed.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Another satisfied customer! So nice to hear that you had a good time! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
911 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for coming back on and giving us a report.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

Welcome home, and thanks for the great trip report. So glad you had a wonderful time. And, we're honored that your first (and only) online forum post was right here on our little Cabo forum. :)

9. Re: Trip Report Jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 23, 2015