We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we call our resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should we call our resort

I was thinking we should call our resort VDP and confirm our reservations, request non smoking room w/ ocean view. Would it make a difference if we called or not?

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we call our resort

What room I get matters a great deal to me. I am not one for just showing up and taking my assignment.

At Sunset Beach I emailed reservations and made room requests. Then, I printed out reservations response.

For relatives I called front desk and requested such and such buildings and everytime assignment made right there on phone.

I added international calling plan to my home phone for 3.75 a month and it means calls to Mexico (anywhere) are 10cents per minute.

If you are more laid back than me, then just show up and hope for the best....:)

Another option is arriving at resort early.

Houston
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we call our resort

We made our Sunset Beach reservations/request on 9/6/05 for our visit next week. We requested a non-smoking king in one of 4 buildings.

We received the following response, "Thank you for choosing a PUEBLO BONITO RESORT !!! Sunset Beach - Any special request have been noted. We will do our best to comply with your request. however, the request is not confirmed, we are only able to confirm the category of suite you have purchased. We are unable to confirm specific views, locations, buildings or units.

| Thank you for your kind understanding in this regard."

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we call our resort

mkb...when the time gets within a few weeks I'd suggest calling the front desk if it matters mucho to you.

Houston
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we call our resort

OK. I sent them an email this evening. If I don't hear from them I'll give them a call tomorrow. We will be there next Friday, 7/28. The non-smoking (a must!) and the King are very important to us. I'm sure we would enjoy any building, but we requested 33, 34, 8 or 9 in that order. We did this only because they are somewhat in the middle. We were in building 30 (hotel room) last year for our first visit and loved the location. We were pretty much able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, with the exception of dinner time when I wife wore her heels (she likes to dress up for dinner).

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we call our resort

mk...I would not worry too much about being able to get non-smoking and the right beds since that is your reservation...getting that is what you should expect.

Have a fabulous time.

6. Re: Should we call our resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 15, 2009