We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Hi guys. I am alive. I have been MIA from the forum mostly because being a grandma is a full time job....I need help! :-)

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be in Cabo Feb.1 for 3 weeks and I think the Food Drive will be either the 13th or 14th. We will be feeding over 100 families. Yay! Thank you friends for all your support! This year is going to be great!

If you are going to be there around this time and want to bring gifts for the kids or families let me know. Also, if you want to help bag up food or help distribute we would love to have you.

It looks like I have a contact for getting items through security this time so hope I don't have any issues. We will do a small bra brigade if we have enough. So look through your drawers ladies and bring some down. :-)

Valentine gifts are always welcome. We will be passing them out at the Food Drive and a few churches.

Thanks. Hope everyone has a great year. Can't wait to get to Cabo and collect Smiles!! :-)

Lyndi

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Hi Lyndi......I hope you get a break from Grandma duties while in Cabo. Keep up the good work. Your efforts are appreciated.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Rats!! I'm going to miss out again. I will still bring my goods if there is some place that I can leave them.

Win

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Win. You can leave them at Gordo Lele's. Just tell Javier it is for me. He will keep it until I arrive.

Rocky G. I want to thank you for your help and always sending me checks from your "renting" out your fishing gear. Really appreciate it.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Hey Lyndi, great to hear from you, and glad to hear that the grandma-ing is going well:)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

MNman,

Miss your face! Yes, we are loving being grandparents. Hope to see you back in Cabo one of these days. I miss seeing everyone.....:-(

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Hi Lyndi,

I would love to help distribute, buy, bag or whatever you need. I think I have plenty of toothbrushes, just not sure they will all fit because I have a LOT of them. Let me know how I can help.

Lisa

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Lisa, Wonderful. We will add the toothbrushes in the food bags the night before the Food Drive. I will post the exact date as soon as I get the OK for one of those days. So glad you can join us!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
721 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Yippee!!! I will be there to help out this year if needed :-)

I left $$$ for you with Javier last year ~ super excited to be there for once when you do the food drive!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Yay!!

So glad you can be there in Feb. Grandma duties will take just a bit of a break:))

Use the auction proceeds and go to town with everything! Wahoo!!!

Bill and I will be there in spirit sweet friend!!

Anjeo...you and Lou will really enjoy going to the colonies with Lyndi if you can...good stuff!!

Edited: 3:04 am, January 05, 2014
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Project Smiles and Feb. 2014 Food Drive

Anjeo...Yay. :-) Glad you will be able to join in the fun.

billsgal, Oh, don't worry we will fill up carts to the brim with food from the auction proceeds. Wahoo is right!