We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
100 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

We will be staying at Sunset Beach for 2 weeks and thought I might cook in a couple of nights. We usually shop at the Super Walmart for basics during our visits, but wondered if anyone knew where to get the freshest seafood. Not familiar with any retail around the Marina. Thanks for any responses!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

Got the perfect place for you to go...this is where all the restaurants buy their fish to serve in the restaurants in Cabo...it is well managed, English is spoken...and look at what you get to chose from. I think from my walking directions you can figure out how to drive there...it is just up from downtown Cabo...in what used to be referred to as old Town. And go up one more block from here...and you will find the fresh fruit and veggie market...and next door to that is the Bakery which is where the restaurants get all their goodies!

Check out my TripWow video of the fish market...and it should show other videos that I have made...there is one of the fruit/veggie market...and the bakery, too!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k61156…

Edited: here is the video of the fruit/veggie market and bakery...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k60532…

Edited: 9:59 am, December 29, 2013
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

If you are already at Walmart, Their seafood dept is not too bad. Not the selection some of the markets will have, but fresh and reasonable price. We have gotten shrimp and fillets a few times and it's always good.

atlanta
Level Contributor
100 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

Thanks. Think I know exactly where you are talking about, around the corners from Los Tres Gallos and Maria Corona. I think our first year in Cabo in 2002 it was a seafood restaurant and remember a young boy and his father serenading us at dinner. It was so sweet. Thanks again!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

skhamon, if your response was meant to say that the market that TravelJudy suggested is around the corner from Los Tres Gallos and Maria Corona, you are not close at all. It is close to a km away. You need to go about 5 blocks further up (from L. Cardenas) and about 3 blocks to the left (from Calle Leona Vicario).

St. Helena...
Level Contributor
949 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

Eljefe, Can you put the market and bakery on the map or are they already on there?

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

During our recent stay in Cabo we did a lot of cooking ourselves. Sorry but have to disagree with TravelJudy- I did not found Fish market on Alikan street in any way superior to the big chain supermarkets fish departments. I was really impressed with the one at Mega - huge selection, very fresh! At Alikan no one spoke English, smelled strongly and there were no customers but us... Maybe we came at the wrong time or day, but I couldn't perceive their product as fresh with that smell...

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

Where is PNW with her "super maps". Im sure she will chime in before too long...

Orange, Calif
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

Alot of seafood at the restaurants is caught by the sportfishing charter boats. I know its illegal and not populer but its true. The crews will take the fish customers do not want straight to restaurants and sell.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

PammyP. I already put it on the map. The fish market is located under the "+" sign here:

wikimapia.org/…b

The bakery is one block up (to the NW) and then I block to the left (to the SW).

Juneau
Level Contributor
4 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to shop for fresh seafood in Cabo

The fish market is at the corner of Alikan and Ocampo. Not a bad walk from the main drag. Have bought fish and shrimp there several times and never been disappointed in the quality or variety.