We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First attempt at salt water fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
First attempt at salt water fishing

My wife and I will be going back to Cabo in Jan. We'd like to try the fishing this time. We've fished in Kentucky for bass, trout, blue gill... so this will likely be very different. We'd be more interested catching tasty fish we can eat than a trophy. Not really looking for a hardcore experience. Looking for a cold beer, fun natured (patient) capt, tasty fish, and a decent boat so that my wife doesn't have to pee in a bucket. Any suggestions? Type of fish we can hope to catch and eat in mid Jan? I saw some entries on here, but they were pretty old.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First attempt at salt water fishing

Sounds like Panga fishing would be your thing. Unfortunately there are no washrooms...too small. Next step up is a 26' or 28' Cruiser with all the amenities. They can still troll close to shore for Sierra , Yellowtail , Rooster and Snapper.

They can still go out a bit as well for Durado and Tuna. Being a bit bigger , no need to worry if it gets choppy while out there. Lots of room undercover on those Cruisers.

When only my wife and i , we would use the 28' Blue Marlin 1. $350/day and cheap enough to go out just the 2 of you. Able to take up to about 5 but a nice day out for 1 couple.

Contact Luis and tell him exactly what you want. No problems...Happy Fishing !!!

tripadvisor.ca/…54412444

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First attempt at salt water fishing

Bring along a packet of Bonine...and take one each before you go out in the boat...no fun being sea sick...and once you are sick...the pills just don't work!! They are chewable, and are available in places like Target, Walgreen's, KMart, etc... We used them on the cruise ship when I was working groups...and it made everyone have a good time and not to be sick. They should not interfere with any of your other drugs...but check with your doctor if you are taking lots of meds.

3. Re: First attempt at salt water fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 29, 2014