We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redrum vs. El Budster

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
wi
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Redrum vs. El Budster

I have been reading a lot about fishing charters on this board. The two names that seem to come up the most are Redrum and El Budster. So for clarification - lets have a dicussion on these two charters.

What are the pros and cons of each of these companies?

I know people have there favorites and regularly recommend them, but what exactly to you like over another company?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Redrum vs. El Budster

Cole,

Great boat and crew! I think you will like it!

Par

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Redrum vs. El Budster

cole

reelrum is a nice boat - great crew - hope you have a great time fishing

Fish

chicago
10 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Redrum vs. El Budster

Based upon fish catching, which is what most people seem to mention in thier posts, I have to mention that I went fishing with Redrum last Saturday and we never got so much as a nibble. Prior to going out, people would ask who we were going with. We would always say Redrum but they never knew who we were talking about. Pisces and Picante seemed to come up a bunch as good names to go with. In fact, the fish I ate back at the hotel came from Pisces boats. Based only upon the effort that I witnessed my crew make, I can't say that I would recommend Redrum to anyone. We put 4 of us on a 33 footer and we just trolled around with the same lures all day. Never did one thing to change tactics or locations. Thankfully the pool bar was still there when we got back to the hotel and we were able to redeem our day. But hey...I'm sure we just had bad luck...

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Redrum vs. El Budster

Smoovesailer,

I hate to hear of your misfortune fishing. We have all been skunked at one time or another and it stinks. It now seems more like you are bringing posts from June back? Just to bash Redrum? Perhaps it would be more imformative to give specific examples on what your crew should have done to better please you. The crews I have used with Redrum were all top notch. You have peaked my interest.

Parman

las vegas,nevada
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Redrum vs. El Budster

Like many of the replies, I have to say our favorite is the El budster. We have fished on all of their boats at one time or another. We come to Cabo twice a year and book two to three days of fishing with them(ahead of time).We have never came back empty handed, and have caught Marlin, Dorado, Tuna, Wahoo, etc...As far as the crew,, they are terrific, helpful, professional, and sometimes even funny.. They work their "tails" off for us each and every time.

When we return to the hotel and ppl ask "who we fished with', and tell them, they try it out and have also came back very happy....Can't rply good or bad about Redrum... Picses is also another one we used only once (on a whim) and got a double header with them with 2- 150 /160 pound Marlin...

Good luck with any charter you choose.. Hope this helps..

16. Re: Redrum vs. El Budster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 24, 2009