We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport arrival time and transport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport arrival time and transport

What time should we plan getting to the airport when we leave?

Also, what is the cheapest transportation to get back to the airport one way?

Thanks

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

on your return? the shuttles usually get you back to SJD about 2 hours ahead. depending on where you are staying, the shared shuttles will be the least expensive-and you should be able to book from your resort. Example-Cape Travel from Playa Grande/Solmar is $17 per person, one way.

Tigard, Oregon...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

Would the shuttles be working as early as 5:30am? for a 7:40am departure?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

Oh Wow! Good question! Luckily, I've never had to deal with that, but it seems I've read here that for those really early flights, they don't adhere to the 2 hour check in...............hopefully, someone that has run into that will see this and post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,564 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

The Ticket counters open at 5:30 am and the security gates open at 6 am. So you don't want to arrive before 5:30 am because nothing is open.

In the past I have used a shuttle to get to an early flight (7am). The last few years I have had rental cars or used a private shuttle that will leave at any time I want.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

You would probably have to use a private shuttle for that early in the am. I would recommend Cielito Lindo as I have used them many times.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

Celito Lindo is definitely excellent!

7. Re: Airport arrival time and transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 02, 2014