We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking near Cabo...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newman Lake...
Level Contributor
317 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking near Cabo...

Does anyone have any experience hiking near Cabo? We are experienced, but not looking for anything too off the beaten path or dangerous, just a nice steep hike with minimum scrambling, don't want to risk getting hurt in Mexico for some reason... Any tours or guides that anyone knows about? I don't like tours or guides normally, but open to anything people come up with.

Thanks TAers

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,335 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hiking near Cabo...

I love it, DSL..............I don't drink, but eating is so great down there! I need to get back to my hiking, as I definitely was in better shape then! I agree-facing some of those challenges is truly rewarding! The couple times I've made the summit on my hikes, I was so proud of myself! ;) I just am a little afraid of truly breaking something on slippery rocks these days. 69 year old bones don't hell fast enough! ;) I will probably just stick with my 'power walks' to Medano from Solmar! LOL

Newman Lake...
Level Contributor
317 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hiking near Cabo...

You are a rock Kat, be safe and take care of yourself, push yourself as much as you feel comfortable, and live life long and be happy, you deserve it!!

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hiking near Cabo...

Mt. Solmar is not a difficult hike at all. I'm the only one that has left a review for this. When i went we had a large group of Cabohalic's (12), ages from late teens to probably early 50's. No one had any problems. We started on the Cannery beach and came down on Divorce's beach, walked over to Lover's beach and got a water taxi to Medano beach. Only take a few hours from start to finish. Go and give it a try, awesome views to be had when you get to the top. PS. make sure you bring beers for a celebration drink at the top lol.

14. Re: Hiking near Cabo...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 24, 2014