We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Long Island
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

Will be arriving on 7/8 this Saturday & would like to know if the pool is still being worked on? Would like to be prepared for making other lodging arrangements if pool is not up & running, any suggestions? Thanks Long Island Couple

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

My relatives were staying at Pacifica the same time we were at Sunset Beach. On day one and two they complained and asked what could be done and were told nothing could be done.

Then on day 5/6. the day before check-out notes were put under each door apologizing for the noise and inconvenience, offering any available unit at the three other PB's in Cabo (Rose, Blanco or Sunset.)

They were bummed...as they would love to have stayed at Sunset!!

If you stay at Sunset...which has more rooms and choices as a result than Blanco or Rose...then you have the advantage of easily using Pacifica's charming facilites as well ( which we often did in the evening when work was not going on....sitting at the fires, walking the beach, eating at Siempre, watching Sunset...

In my experience in all of Baja it is hard to get straight answers owing to cultural differences, them not understanding why things important to us are a big deal (the "no worries" thing), language barriers where they will pretend to understand more than they do, not wanting to say "no" plainly.....so really be clear, specific and pin them down.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

I am also concerned about this as we are going there July 15th.

I had been coresponding with a staff member there regarding our upcoming trip...he had been very good at replying. Lst week I aked about the construction and I am still waiting to hear back from him. Needless to say I am concerned and frustrated about this as well.

I'll let you know if I hear anything. In the meantime go to thier dirst website and email the resort. Ask them what's going on. Please post if you get any feedback :)

NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

I wrote an email to the Pacifica last week and here is the response. We'll be there from the 27th through the 4th if anyone wants to meet up for a drink.

Joe

______

Dear Mr. X!!

Regarding the question about the pools. Both of them are completly

functional since las Sunday.Iôm attaching the pictures from the day they

finished to fill in it.

If you have any question please donôt hesitate to contact me.

Hector Humbert

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

Joe, you just made me feel a tad better :)

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

Baja,

When was your family there?

NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

I heard the rumor here last week and emailed them right away. I've been planning this trip with my GF for 6 months and was about to go apeshi*t on them if the pool was broken and I wasn't told. They couldn't have been nicer, replied in hours and even sent pics to prove it was fixed.

We'll see when I get down there but if you have any concerns, email that guy for assurances (and let me know when you get down there lol).

I think the more he hears from us separately the better so they realize that their guests all talk to each other.

7. Re: Pacifica; is pool work complete what is compensation offer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 15, 2009