We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

commuting

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
commuting

We are planning our first trip to cabo and we have been researching a lot of hotels between san jose del cabo and cabo san lucas. Is there one better to stay at than the other and how does one go about commuting to downtown?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,700 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: commuting

If you want to spend a lot of time downtown, do you really want to plan to "commute"? That sounds like work!

There is a bus service from San Jose and along the Tourist Corridor to the Puerto Paraiso Mall in Cabo San Lucas. It's about 28 pesos from San Jose. The bus runs something like 7 am till 10 pm.

There isn't one best location for all visitors. I enjoy walking and swimming in the ocean, so a Medano Beach hotel works best for me. San Jose DE an2jo2 loves great service and quality time at the outdoor pool of Holiday Inn in San Jose del Cabo, so that's the best place for her. Some folks want the serenity of Grand Solmar & the beauty of the unswimmable vendor-less beach. Some folks want peace in the Tourist Corridor and rarely leave the property. Some folks always rent a car and some never rent a car. Some are out till o-dark-thirty in downtown Cabo and some folks go to sleep early & watch the sun rise.

There are so many ways to enjoy a visit to the Los Cabos area. What's your way?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: commuting

Hi there I visit Cabo about 4-6 times a year and it depends on who's traveling and what you want to do: when I traveled with my mom and 17 year old we stay at the Hilton resort in San Jose it's away from CSL but about a 20minute cab ride, the town dyes off pretty early there's not a lot of bars to hang out in and it's a very "family oriented" town with lots of shops for buying jewelry, nick backs etc, the hotel I mentioned above is Amazing I stayed there for 2 weeks and it has everything you could want the food is incredible the staff are so accommodating, the pools are amazing and they have a private cove-swim able along with private horse and water toy rentals. Going to Cabo from this hotel will cost about $30 with tip one way, so it can get pretty pricey. The other suggestion is the hotel Casa Dorada which also ties with the Hilton as they are part of a time share but I digress, it's located in Medano beach where people commute to be at the beach bars and all you do is walk down the stairs and you're at the best and only beach bars in medano beach such as the office, mango deck and far to the left a quiet but fun bar called Tabasco's from this location you could walk to town or pay $7.00 together to town, and all the party bars and clubs along with the marina where you could take your adventure cruises like sunset or booze cruise... I hope that helps with your decision, another 2 hotels in medano beach are the rose and white pueblo bonito or if you want a real party all day scene(not for me) as its a very young crowd 20-30's stay at the mecabo. I hope that helps. And you'll love Cabo,

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: commuting

This is the first time that we are going to Cabo San Lucas and we heard that it's dangerous to ride a cab because of robbers. Is that true?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
100 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: commuting

I've been going to Cabo for 20 years and have never had an experience with "robbers". (Unless you want to count the taxi drivers themselves, who periodically inflate their prices!) :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: commuting

I just got back from Cabo last Thursday and will be returning with my teenage daughter and her friend, Cabo is very safe, the taxi drivers should be charging you $7.00 US dollars from medano beach, and about $30 one way of you're coming from san Jose del Cabo,I go out with friends and i immediately get in a cab I don't wander the streets unless i'm getting a late taco around the corner from Cabo wabo. if you have any additional questions private message me.

6. Re: commuting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, July 15, 2015