We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand solmar Laundry?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
East Coast
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Grand solmar Laundry?

Hello!! Is there somewhere to do laundry at the GS? Would rather pack light and do 1 load of laundry!

Thanks

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

Yes there are washers and dryers located in each building. I have seen them in use but never used them personally. I am sure they are up to the standards of the Grand Solmar resorts.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

Yes they are great and located near the elevators. That's exactly what we do too , pack light and toss in 1 load/week. Having a little guy now too , it's very convenient.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

I don't believe that they are in EVERY building. The only ones that I know of are in Buildings G & E (don't know what building numbers they are -- when I bought, the buildings were lettered, not numbered). As far as I know, there are no laundry facilities in Buildings H & I.

As for the Phase II buildings, I would imagine there is at least one laundry room, but there wasn't back in May when I stayed there.

Your best bet is to ask when you check in. They will tell you where the closest laundry room is to where your room is located.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,178 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

Another option is to take your laundry to one of the laundromats in town. We like Cabo Klin (or is it Kabo Klin?). Anyway, you can get a huge load of laundry done for less than it'll cost you to do a single load of wash/dry yourself. Just drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. It cost $14 for two large garbage bags filled with dirty clothes. Got back all nice and clean and folded. I spent the day on the beach instead of in a laundry room, LOL. :)

Edited: 8:20 pm, September 27, 2013
Flat Rock, Michigan
Level Contributor
491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

I must second Cabo Klin, being in Cabo for 3 weeks I am on a first name basis with the ladies at the Klin! LOL Very reasonable prices. I take my own detergent as my family need to use tide. The one big thing for us is the fragrance in their fabric softner it is quite strong, I have them forget that part.

A day a the beach while someone else does laundry is VACATION for me.

East Coast
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

Thanks so much for all the great information. First time on cabo next week! Can't wait!

houston
Level Contributor
111 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

You have to get the tokens from the front desk to use the washer and dryer.

East Coast
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

Thanks for the info! Less then a week to go!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

Which costs about $6 that you have to sign for (cash free resort) , add the tax and fees , works out to about an $8 load.

DM , who on earth can fill 2 large garbage bags of clothes ? You must stay a month or more and need a pile of luggage to pack it all around ! We did about a half a load for 3 of us after 6 days. And one of us is a baby that threw up all over everything daily. LOL

10. Re: Grand solmar Laundry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 02, 2014