We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Todos Santos worth the trip?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Piedmont, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Todos Santos worth the trip?

Will be in Cabo for 7 days. We will have a rental car. Should we go to TS for a day trip. If yes, what is there to do?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Todos Santos worth the trip?

Different opinion on the Los Cerritos beach towards Todos Santos. We eagerly planned a day trip there, traveled down that long washboard road only to come to a dirty beach with black sand and green waves. As beaches go it pales in comparison to the closer beaches along the corridor.

If surfing is your hobby then maybe I can see it is worth the visit but even then I'd go to Playa Azul first.

We went ATV'ing to Migrino Beach which is near Los Cerritos beach and I did find that scenic.

Mentioned in this post
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Todos Santos worth the trip?

Landtwinkle-

There is much more to Todos Santos than a walk around the galleries in the town center. Stop at Playa Los Palmas on the way. It is a spectacular and swimmable beach. The owners of Art and Beer (km 69) will tell you how to find it. A few hours in the afternoon with the fishing fleet at Playa Punta Lobos is a must. Try a few libations and lunch on the deck of Posada La Poza. The beaches there are beautiful as well but are not swimable. The dirt roads to these places are quite driveable and the destinations are not far off the highway. Drive through the town to the north, east and west and see what most day trippers never get to see. It took us five trips to realize this. A day trip to Todos Santos is absolutely worthy it! Leave early for a great day.

Mentioned in this post
Posada La Poza
Posada La Poza
377 Reviews
Todos Santos, Mexico
Punta Lobos
Punta Lobos
84 Reviews
Todos Santos, Mexico
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,293 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Todos Santos worth the trip?

I definitely agree-drive around the area...........there are some beautiful parts to see.....lush, green, surprising views......it is definitely a beautiful area, and well worth exploring further than just the town center, but if that is all you have time for, that is worth it also.

Piedmont, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Todos Santos worth the trip?

Thanks everyone!!! Again, this forum is so helpful for info!