We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you pay for...?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What would you pay for...?

Going July 30 - Aug 6, staying at Pueblo Bonito Blanco - and beginning to get very excited. Even though this is my 3rd trip to Cabo in as many years (i've got the bug) I'm still wary of the 'negotiated' price of certain things on Mendano Beach, such as...

Waverunner rental on Mendano Beach (1 to 3 people)

Water taxi from/to Lovers Beach (2-4 people)

Hair braiding (for girlfriend)

Chiclets ;)

Other stuff? I've gotten t-shirts but not much else

Oakdale, Connecticut
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What would you pay for...?

LOL!

Obviously you guys don't "DO" the timshare schpiels like we do! =) We are in and out... they get their alloted time... that's it! And then we're GONE!

Rest assured J&S and everyone else... We have 2 days of deep sea fishing out of Cabo, 1 day panga fishing out of San Jose, and 3 days diving locally and either Cabo Pulmo or Gordo Banks (haven't decided which yet)... not too mention the day we are spending at the Rose' spa! =) Most of that is already booked! We've got something going on everyday. This is our second trip to Cabo... We really like being out and about with the people, and of course relaxing in the sun! We don't "DO" the drinking thing at night, we're a bit more "reserved" in that area, so we just go and go... no dealing with nasty hangovers. =)

We'll also find time to visit the Glass Factory and parasail this time... maybe even rent a few waverunners. We're going with another couple... maybe we'll race them all over the harbor! =) We're even thinking of a sunset dinner cruise for our last night's hurrah! Any ideas, anyone?

J&S... I really wanted to thank you earlier also for ALL of your updates and pictures during the hurricane! YOU TOO CABOGIRL! (and any other I may have forgotten of course...) I'm usually a bit of a lurker... hence my being quite through the whole thing. I checked out your site daily... it was really very helpful! Your tour site led me to another part of your site, the Hawaii diving section. Have you dove Nii'hau on the Kauai island? We're doing that next May... can't wait!

Thanks again everyone for your imput!!! ~ Pamela

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: What would you pay for...?

Tiger...I'm with you on two of your points:

1. I set my watch and we leave at 90 minutes. I say this before we start, "It says the presentation is 90 minutes?" They say, "Yes." Then we are clear and I say I have some place to be (which is ANYwhere away from them) so I will have to leave for that appointment (that I have with myself :) )

2. Mostly passing on the drinking which is hard to do in Cabo because hard drinking and Cabo kind of go together, but so lovely to wake up feeling great every morning, ready to go!

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What would you pay for...?

Hi Pamela,

That is quite a surf to get from that website all the way over to our personal guide to diving in Hawaii! No, we didn't get to dive Ni'ihau, though that would have been awesome, I think. We did only two dives in Kauai, and dove with Dive Kauai (who I would not recommend). The diving was poor compared to Maui, Lanai and the Big Island, and our boat broke down after the first dive, so the spot where our boat broke down was mysteriously now a dive site (and not a good one, I might add).

Kauai is such an amazing place, though - make sure you visit Waimea Canyon - wow. Also recommended is a helicopter tour and a hike along the Napali Coast. If you get a chance, do the Manta Ray night dive on the Big Island, or dive the Cathedrals on Lanai - way cool.

In Cabo, if you're only doing one dive site, I'd recommend Cabo Pulmo. As the only living coral reef on the West coast of North America, it's pretty unique, and is the best dive site in the Cabo area. Gordo Banks is a very advanced and very deep dive starting at about 110 feet, and is recommended only if you are very advanced, and like bluewater diving (though it's not all blue water, there is a canyon there).

Oakdale, Connecticut
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What would you pay for...?

Thanks for the info J&S!

It's so tough to decide between the two dive sites... CP or GB. Gordo has the BIG marinelife, but Pulmo sounds like it soooo beautiful! We are advanced divers, but honestly, I'm thinking I'd like to have a shallower dive with more dive time, in a semi-aquarium. =) We'll see! Is the corridor worth diving? We might dive that instead of a few "local" dives...

We own our timeshare in Kauai, so we are there ever other year just about. Our ten year anniversary is coming up next year... so once again you'll find us in Kauai, but we're also going to do a week in Maui, and probably 4 days in Oahu. But that's another topic for a different board! =)

Thanks again! ~ Pamela

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What would you pay for...?

The corridor dives at Santa Maria and Chileno will be somewhat better than the local dive sites like Pelican Rock - the viz is better and the sea life is better. Not to say the others aren't good, just the corridor sites are better. However, they're also more expensive and take longer. Diving the sea lion colony area is interesting, but you can dive with sea lions at Cabo Pulmo too.

16. Re: What would you pay for...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 20, 2009