We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melrose Park...
2 posts
Save Topic
nice hotel

I have never been to Cabo, can anyone recommend a nice hotel?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
994 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice hotel

I think you need to elaborate on what in your opinion you consider a nice hotel. What amenities do you want? Where do you want to be- in Cabo or the Corridor? Will you have a car to get around or be on foot? Will you have children travelling with you? There are lots of nice places to stay, but it's hard to recommed something without knowing what you're looking for. Give us some more details. :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,498 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nice hotel

In addition to what is mentioned above, what is your budget per night? I dont want to recommend a $600/night hotel when you are only willing to spend $200/night,

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice hotel

I think Casa Dorado on Medano Beach is a safe across-the-board recommendation. But I agree with the posts above, if you give a general budget, and location you want to stay (Los Cabos is very spread out) people can be more specifically helpful.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice hotel

"hotel" is far different than a "resort". A hotel will run $50-?? and a resort wil be much higher. For a nice hotel I would suggest the hotel Mar de Cortez. It's in the heart of Cabo , close to lots of action. Still a block or two away to be quiet enough. It's a very low cost place that's very clean , friendly , and family run for many many years. I spend a few nights there just about every trip.........

http://www.mardecortez.com/

Edited: 1:28 pm, August 22, 2013
B.C.
Level Contributor
987 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nice hotel

Funny, I thought of Mar de Cortez right away too! I think because of the word 'hotel', rather than 'resort'. It's in a great location and has a nice pool.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,335 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice hotel

I did also! It is a great location and truly a super hotel for the money!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice hotel

hey I *LOVE* Mar de Cortez myself, but it's not what most people are after when they ask for a "nice hotel"... now if someone was asking for a "clean budget property" definitely I would have mentioned it.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice hotel

I agree Suze, its more like what we would think of as a Motel vice a hotel, though its a great deal but its not what I would even call a "hotel"

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nice hotel

I would recommend Wyndham as a "nice hotel". It's not a resort, by any means, but the location is superb.

Pay an extra few bucks a night for a Marina View, and there are few places that I would rather spend my mornings, or evenings.

We don't stay there much now, but only because we found that private Condos better suit our lifestyle.

10. Re: nice hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 25, 2014