We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How fae to swimmable beach?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How fae to swimmable beach?

Sorry! Should say HOW FAR

Hello!

TA has the most knowledgeable travelers and I appreciate all of the information that we have gained here. We are staying at Hacienda del Mar and would like to know if anyone can tell us about how far we will be from a swimmable beach or snorkeling?

Thank you!

Edited: 5:20 pm, July 23, 2013
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,758 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

You are about 2 miles from swimmable Santa Maria Bay and about 4 miles from Chileno bay. Both are good snorkling areas.

Edited: 6:09 pm, July 23, 2013
Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Thank you Rocky! I love this site, and all of you who respond.

Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Rocky,

Will we be able to walk along the coastline to get to these beaches?

Thanks!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Hi, No you can't get there by walking along the coast as both are cove beaches with rocks in between. You can cab it or take the bus.

Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Thank you!

I just read the post about swimming dangers. Not sure if I even want to attempt heading out on our own. Any thoughts on that?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,888 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Hi

There are some places where it's considered "safe" to swim. The snorkeling coves are definitely swimmable. Of course it's still the ocean and you need to be respectful of the power of the ocean, but you can swim at Playa Chileno and Playa Santa Maria. There will be families on the beach and snorkeling cruises coming in from the Cabo marina.

Don't swim on beaches with red flags or black flags. That's just crazy.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Hi, what do you mean by dangers heading out on your own? HDM is by 2 of the most beautiful and safe swimming beaches. The beach by the hotel is rocky and red flagged you cant swim there. But taking a cab from the hotel to either of the 2 beaches is a 10 min at most cab ride.

Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

Thanks,

I feel much better. I read the article swimming dangers on the right side of this forum, and I guess I got more concerned than I should have.

9. Re: How fae to swimmable beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 31, 2014