We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking Bus - PB Blanco to Marina? Q's about the bus stops..

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Taking Bus - PB Blanco to Marina? Q's about the bus stops..

Only 1 more week and we take off...we can't wait!

This whole bus thing has got me confused though. We are staying at the Blanco and since we are taking our 2 yr old daughter along, we aren't going to be doing taxi's (since they have no carseat). So, for everything we plan to do - we will bus'n it.

I have been searching for some good bus info on this board - and trying to find out:

1. How often the buses stop at the Blanco?

2. Where they go from there? Do they make the same loop everytime?

3. How long it will take to get to the marina from the blanco on the bus? Where do we get back on to go back to the Blanco?

4. How do we know where the bus is going to stop?

5. Is there a bus schedule somewhere? How late do they run?

Sorry for all of the q's - this bus thing just kind of has me worried. I took the bus everywhere in Cancun and it was sooo easy - I am just not sure if the bus system/stops are the type of system in Cabo?

We are on the fence with renting a car right now...have heard too many horror stories about it...

Thanks!

This board is soooo great, we couldn't have planned our trip without it!

Jami

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking Bus - PB Blanco to Marina? Q's about the bus stops..

My vote is for renting a car. It really makes it easier to come and go when you want. Your location is such that you could walk almost everywhere into town and to the Marina but wouldn't be easy with a stroller and the heat.

The local busses are fine and cheap but they are not tourist busses like in Cancun. They are mainly for the local workers but tourists can use them too. I don't know of any bus schedule. Some here on the forum use them all the time with no problems. I, like you, am still confused as to how they exactly work. I know if I get on one it will likely go by where I want to go but how many stops will it make in between? Just have got into the habit of renting and so it just seems to work best for us. ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking Bus - PB Blanco to Marina? Q's about the bus stops..

Jami,

Like Tooley said above, the buses are a cheap option to get to some places, but are not truely set up as tourist transportation.

The go in front of the main entrance to the resort usually about every 15 to 30 minutes. From there they go to the Villas Del Palmar then back into town. They stop just before the main tourist area and head north into the center of town. As far as getting to the Marina, I have not tried that route, so not sure how to go about getting there. My main use of it is to get to the CCC store in the central part of town.

The writing on the windshield shows where they are going. They do the same loop all day. There is no ture stops, they will stop when someone waves at them. Seems like they run at least until 10p.

It can be an adventure, if you want to see the Hidden Cabo. The drivers have been very friendly and usually speak some English, so you can ask how to get somewhere. Also in the Blanco Elle or Emillio, the Concierges, may be able to help or the guys at the bell stand.

Renting a car can have its share of challenges, but can open up a much bigger area for exploration.

HAve Fun !!!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking Bus - PB Blanco to Marina? Q's about the bus stops..

It's only a 15 minute walk...are you bringing a stroller? That would be my choice.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking Bus - PB Blanco to Marina? Q's about the bus stops..

I'm with dog.....it is an easy 10 minute walk along the beach to the marina/town...easily done. That way you are not on a bus schedule or have to pay taxi fare.

Cabo_nut

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico