We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone use walkie talkies?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
anyone use walkie talkies?

I found out today from Verizon that our cell phones (iphone 4) are not international compatible so we can't add Mexico to our plan. We need a way to stay in touch around our resort and we have friends staying at a hotel about 5 minutes away. We're thinking walkie talkies with a good radius. Anybody ever use this option? If so, recommendations?

new york
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: anyone use walkie talkies?

At this point I'm going to just call Verizon. I went to a 3rd location today who said the iPhone 4 isn't international compatible. They told me to get a track phone in Mexico. Thank you all for your help!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: anyone use walkie talkies?

The issue in Europe is totally different. Verizon uses CDMA technology (sprint too) for their voice system. This technology is not available in most of Europe and that is why they have to give you another phone. Some I phone 5's did come with both technologies and can be used in Europe.

Not an issue in Mexico as a CDMA signal is available and the verizon phones work - no issues. Maybe the guys in the store don't know the difference between Europe and Mexico

23. Re: anyone use walkie talkies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 26, 2014