We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

There is a "top question" sticky on the right, "USA/Canada Embassy & Consular Information for travelers" but it doesn't mention a "United States Consular Office" in downtown Cabo just west of the marina at Plaza Nautica, by the street "P. Marlin 1" as shown on this map:

wikimapia.org/…20lucas

(That link should take you to the map centered on the building labeled as the Consular Office, but you have to click the "next" button at the bottom-right of the page ABOUT THREE TIMES to get to the page with the "Consular Office" listed--it should be at the top with "0 km" listed next to it in blue.)

(I was using the map to try to find the Love Shack or "Again and Again" or even Fahrenheit/Farhenheit to see where that "skeezy" square is where from the recent "police shakedown" thread....I know the square is somewhere northwest/north of the mall across the main highway, and I guess that's good enough.)

So is this map outdated, or is there a consular office in downtown Cabo (in addition to the one in San Jose del Cabo as mentioned in the "top question" sticky)?

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

Well if Easy Cell Rental's website is accurate, there is a US consulate office in downtown Cabo.

AMERICA CONSULATE, Cabo San Lucas: (624) 143 35 66

Boulevard Marina Local C-4 Plaza Náutica Centro. 23410 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S.

Teléfono: (624) 143-3566

Teléfono de Emergencia 619 + 692-2154

Fax: (624) 143-6750

E-mail: usconsulcabo@hotmail.com

Monday to Friday 09:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

Here is the official webpage...and that is not shown...

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/contact.html

hummmm?? We got to figure this out!!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,056 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

There was a US Consular Office in Cabo until just a couple years ago. I remember the uproar when it was closed!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

That wikimap entry was made 3 years ago. I understand the consular agency is now located at the Shoppes at Palmilla, like the link that TravelJudy provided says.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
342 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

Eljefe is absolutely correct. The consular's office "was" located at Plaza Nautica, then moved to somewhere near Pedregal, then moved again to the Shoppes at Palmilla.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

I just put in a request to have this location deleted from the wikimap. It should be gone in 5 days.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

The US consulate office moved from Plaza Nautica in the marina district of San Lucas about two years ago. The office is now located within the Shoppes at Palmilla which is on the Corridor but technically located in the municipality of San Jose del Cabo. They now have plenty of free parking and a nicer space. Easy on/off access from the four lane.

8. Re: Outdated Map? Consular office in downtown Cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 22, 2014