We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
426 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

So have been going through the list on the website, reading reviews and doing research. This is the first round pick of the restaurants that I am thinking about and the amounts. Feedback appreciated on choices, amounts and additional comments/other restaurants to try even if not on voucher/passport. I will probably get the passport card as well as they have additional restaurants that we want to try.

Baja Peppers - not sure how much to purchase

Captain Tony's - maybe

Jack's - maybe

Los Barriles - $50

Madeira Bistro - $40

Mi Casa - $50

Raffaele - $50

Medano Beach Club - $50

La Ricazon - Maybe

As always thank you for your feedback.

Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
426 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

Forgot to add that we will be there for 10 days.

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
703 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

okay a couple of things to keep in mind....I would pay special attention to the ones that are on 50% as opposed to 35%

Also, I would keep in mind the number of people eating, if just you and one other....then I would say you are good, but if there are more than two, you are not maximizing your savings for example, $40 at Maderia bistro, now dinners there are $22pp so $40 is okay for two people if you plan on drinking water or soft drinks...but these work on alcohol too..., these all look good for two people no drinks...if there are more people or if you plan on cocktails, wine, appetizer, or dessert...might want to up these a bit....

As far as the choices, I think all that you picked are good, I am not familiar with Madano Beach Club or Raffeles, I know if you are into Italian, Acavera or Salvetores might be worth full price.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

Assuming there are two people in your party:

Baja Peppers - $30

Captain Tony's - $100 ( you'll be back!!)

Jack's - maybe

Los Barriles - $50

Madeira Bistro - $50 (it's $22/pp -- super yummy)

Mi Casa - $50

Raffaele - $50

Medano Beach Club - $50

La Ricazon - Maybe

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

Personally, I'd stay away from Baja Peppers - way to much drama for mediocre food. Same with Mi Casa. IMO it's living on a 20 year old reputation. I like Medano Beach Club for breakfast, but haven't been impressed with dinners (never been there for lunch). I still like La Ricazon, but I would go to the old location on Camino Viejo a San Jose (the old road to San Jose) rather than the new, glitzy location on Lazaro Cardenas. I would definitely try Los Barriles - great reviews although I will probably never get to eat there as it is next door to Maro's.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,315 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

I think your amounts may be too low if you are planning on ordering drinks. We usually get 75-100 for the 2 of us but we usually have at least 2 drinks each or a bottle of wine with dinner.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

Just tried Raffele tonight for the first time, great food at a decent price. We also had a group of TA folks do Los Barriles last week very good food. You have good list, and all good advice from the others on here.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

We always like the consistently good food at Maria Corona. El Torito's is a local favorite that has great sea-food! Los Barriles is also a great consistent place to eat! I'm sure you will find something you like! :)

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

Another vote for Raffele. Los Barriles is also very good and I think you will like etiher La Ricazon. The old location seems to be slower and the new location has some live music. We like the food in both.

Medano Beach club for dinner is overpriced and $50 will not get you far. I personally don't like either Jacks or Captain Tony's and think they are average food for way too much money (compared to other options in Cabo)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

I must disagree about Capt. Tonys -- I love the greek salad, as well as their fresh, hand-made pizza fresh out of their pizza oven. The food is better than Solomon's, IMO, and far cheaper. Besides, it's not a fancy restaurant, and it doesn't pretend to be one. It's basically a bar & grill type of place, and for bar & grill type of food, I think it's good and reasonably priced.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Choices for the voucher - first round picks

I thought Baja Peppers had closed. No??