We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport...how early to arrive?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
orange county
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport...how early to arrive?

My flight departs Cabo at 5:40 PM. What time should I arrive at the airport? I am having TransCabo pick me up from the RIU...what time should I have them arrive to pick me up?

Thx

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

xxxpoc!

i would recommend at least 2 1/2 hours before, 3 to be safe. it will take transcabo about 30 - 40 minutes to get you to the airport, assuming they don't have several stops after yours. check-in can be a lengthy process - read my post about xrays at the aeropuerto!

personally, i would rather sit in the terminal a while longer, than raise my blood pressure worrying about catching my flight...nothing kills a relaxing vacation quicker than airport stress!

Tucson
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

xx...just tell transcabo what time your flight is and they will tell you what time they will pick you up. They allow plenty of time so dont try and figure it all out on your own. They do this for a living and are very very reliable.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,142 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

Murph is correct.............they tell you! It's not an item of choice ;-)

us
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

XXX IF YOU are flyng american then definitley 2and a half but when i fly ted 1 give it an 1 hr 30 and that is plenty

Northern New Jersey
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

If you are flying on Continental, leave at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours for time at the airport. They examine EVERY check-in bag by hand. Be prepared to wait in line a long time. Also, there isn't much to do at the airport, but if you have your laptop, there is wireless internet.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

what rule of thumb would you follow for a 8am flight out of Cabo...we will be returning a car rental to Advantage.

Northern New Jersey
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

Drop off the car at 6:00 a.m. and hustle over to the check-in line.

seattle
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

xxx--

Transcabo is great....used them twice. They tell you when they will pick you up. Enjoy Cabo.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

i didnt fly continental, but i noticed their line was reaaaaaaaally long and slow moving...we flew delta and breezed right through as their was no line...

also, we left three hours before our flight was to take off and got there with pleeeeeeeeeeenty of time even with the long ride it was to the airport...wed wished we left about an hour later than we did

10. Re: Airport...how early to arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 16, 2009