We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

Cabo is not Disneyland. We use our roads to drive on. Stepping in front of moving vehicles is kind-of dangerous regardless of the speed at which the vehicle may be traveling.

:-)

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

Cabo is better than Disneyland! The Maggies at DisneyLand are awful! ;9)

What do they use the roads for at DisneyLand?

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

IHT, sounds like you almost ran someone over...... good advice. Watch where you're walking folks.

Cabo is definitely NOT Disneyland! When I recently visited Disneyland, there were no bars at all :( Or massage parlors. Although the $28 sandwich I ordered did remind me of dining along the marina.... And the "Small World" ride was a bit reminiscent of being surrounded by chicklet kids. Hmm

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

We always talk about how safe Cabo is however since you mentioned bars, we do have a high percentage of people that drink and drive and shockingly, low major accidents related to alcohol considering ... and when taking that into consideration, be aware that I am always sober but if you jump in front of my car and call me a hag ... I will not take it well :-)

Edited: 7:34 pm, May 16, 2013
Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

Ahhhhh...the facts slowly come out......

First, I would never jump in front of your car...and for the other....that's not about to happen, either.

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

Every day I see people walk in front of cars and/or down the middle of the street.

People sometimes get hit but usually its someone stepping in front of a bus and usually a local ... but yes, today I had an incident that thankfully was only verbal.

My hurt feelings over being yelled at and anger that followed will be gone by morning ...

Pedestrian safety is still important. I would hate for someone to get so carried away with being here that they leave common sense behind and get hurt :-(

Edited: 7:43 pm, May 16, 2013
Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

I hang at Tanga Tanga regularly in the afternoon/early evening hours. I contiinue to be amazed at just how unaware many "tourists" are. A couple of months ago, I watched a couple in the street in front of Diamonds International posing and taking pictures for several minutes with absolutely zero clue about just how dangerous that activity was. Even though several of us gave them some sound and loud "advice".......they continued. Finally a shop keeper in the area convinced them that if they continued, bad things would definitely happen to them and they moved onto the sidewalk...........

7. Re: Pedestrian Safety Service Reminder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 18, 2014