We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

We have a large group going down to the Riu Santa Fe the first week of November (28 peeps). Looking for any fun beach bars that we could walk to from our resort. I have heard of "The Office" and the "Mango Deck". What are those places like and what others are there and what is their proximity to the resort.

Thank you for any and all feedback!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Your closest one will be Tabasco's. They play music , have good drink prices , but not a lot of action. Lots of good people though....

Mango Deck is the most action. They have a stage set up and there are games , contests and shows all day and night long. You''re looking at about a 20 min. walk I would guess.

You also have the Office and Billygans beside Mango Deck. They have music , a little entertainment but nothing like Mango Deck.

Heres a map that you can zoom in and out of. Check along the beach from your resort towards the arch (land's end) and you will see the bars........Enjoy !!!

wikimapia.org/…b

Edited: 4:41 pm, May 09, 2013
Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Walking on the beach to these locations probably will be easier than going back......

28 in the group will be a welcome addition to any bar along the way. Generally the first week in November cools off to a reasonable and enjoyable time of the year in Cabo and the water is great. Always use caution along the beach watching out for rogue waves.

Might be a few of the TA tournament attendees still,in the area...have fun.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

The easiest way is just go walk the beach yourself. The beach bars are all side by side. You can see which ones suits you best. There will be really loud & crazy ones (wet t-shirt/tequila shot games), more laid back ones (quitter music on a sound system no live entertainment), different 'amenities' as far as types of loungers, chairs, umbrellas, food service, bathrooms, etc.

suze

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Myself and 4 friends were staying at the santa fe in March and we walked down the beach everyday with mango deck in mind. Pretty much every day but one we always stopped at tabascos and stayed there all day (only made it all the way down to mango deck once haha).

I would definitely say mango deck for action but tabascos is just a great place, To me the office was great for supper but seems incredibly quiet and caters more to an older crowd. In town I would say Rips is probably my favorite.

Edited: 7:48 pm, May 09, 2013
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Here is a video of what it is like at the Mango Deck at Spring Break.

http://youtu.be/fxt6M4zAjkE

As others have said there are other Beach Bars also in the same basic area and some are a lot quieter than others.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

I Like Tabascos for hanging out for a quite day on the beach. We used to hang at the Mango Deck for an action day but the MC left and is now at Billygan's. I now prefer Billygan's. The Offiice was the place to go 10+ years ago, it's now just tables and chairs under umbrellas, no place to lay out on the beach and is sandwiched between the Mango Deck and Billygan's .

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Just so you know, it will be about a 30 minute walk down to Mango Deck. Also, the sand in Cabo is very rocky and you sink into it, so it won't be an easy walk. Easier to take a taxi, or if the water's not too rough to get into the boat - a water taxi is great.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
721 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Water taxis are a hoot! Great ways to get around in Cabo. And, after a day at the beach bars on Medano Beach, getting into and out of one may be an adventure all on it's own. :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

The Office is more a restaurant, not so much a "beach bar". I liked it for breakfast only.

fratspin
Level Contributor
83 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun Beach Bars that are walking distance from Riu Santa Fe

Just to echo some of what has already been said: The Mango Deck and The Office will be by far the most fun beach bars. Tabasco's is ok for a lunch, but not much action. That being said, I really don't think there is anyway you are going to want to walk to Mango Deck from the RIU. You may do it once, but no way you'll want to walk back. It's just too long of a beach walk.

Also, you can walk in to the Melia. There is usual some "action" there during the day around the pool/bar, but that's pretty much 95% of the way down the beach toward the Mango Deck.

Edited: 3:14 pm, May 10, 2013