We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

I'm off to a wedding in Cabo Fourth of July weekend, but I can't swing the all-inclusive. Hoping somebody might have a nice suggestion for a clean, comfortable, quiet place, perhaps with a bit of a down-tempo vibe. I am not at all into the resort-style vacationing, and am only going to this place because my good buddy is getting hitched. Any suggestions along these lines would be fantastic. I'd love to actually think I am in Mexico for a second and pay $25 a night.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,715 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

I don't know anyplace that is that cheap! Try the Mar de Cortez for a downtown place with a pool. Siesta Suites is smaller and had a great on-site restaurant (not affiliated with SS, it's just there) but doesn't have a pool.

Some of the other budget places might not quite hit the mark for

-clean

-comfortable

-quiet

But if you want really rustic and really cheap, we'll offer more ideas. Maybe The Cabo Inn? (Haven't stayed there, but it seems like what you want.)

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

Here is the link to the Cabo Inn reviews.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g152515-d156750-…

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

Sure, offer up the really rustic and really cheap. That Siesta Suites places looks OK, actually.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,236 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

Mar de Cortez was where I stayed my one trip to Cabo. It's a great budget place. There's nothing in Cabo for $25 these days though. "Cheap" is more like $60-70/night.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
222 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

Love Siesta Suites! Also check out Cabo Cush, king rooms are 600 pesos a night, aand in July, they should offer a further discount.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

I think Mar de Cortez might be around $50/55 in July....pool, on site restaurant/bar. walkable to everything. Where is your buddy staying and where is the wedding??

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

Here is the link to HostelWorld...check it out...

hostelworld.com/findabed.php/…

I would stay at the Baja Cactus Hostel for a couple of nites...I did not go inside..but it is in a great location around all kinds of good eats...perfect location...It was the Wilkes hotel...and now is a Hostel. It is getting good reviews...and you can book a single room for a real bargain. Nice roof view with pool and sunning...right on Cabo San Lucas Ave...and Cinco de Mayo area.

Diego did not look too inviting and certainly not the Cabo Paraiso as it is in the process selling/changing to new owners...

Look at Cabo Cush hotel also...it has a great location and the rooms were clean and the owner is on site...nice roottop area. Look at your room before you check in...as some were much better than the others...

Try to book DIRECT to any of these if you can...you will get a better rate as they have to pay for their link/reservation if booked thru another source...

Edited: 3:03 pm, May 04, 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

another thumbs up for Siesta Suites. Stayed there many times, nice place and a good location too.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

I've stated at both the Siesta Suites and the Cabo Inn. Both were reasonable price, clean, and decent. I preferred the Cabo Inn. Bed was more comfortable,

Win

Edited: 11:44 pm, May 04, 2013
PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comfortable Budget accomodations in Cabo

Good to hear some feedback on the Cabo Inn. Haven't heard from anybody that has stayed there before.