We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJD terminal info...........

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
SJD terminal info...........

All United Airlines flights operate at Terminal 1 (old terminal) at SJD, The LAX, SFO, Denver and Chicago flights moved to Terminal 1 to join the Houston and Newark flights about Thanksgiving when the Terminal 2 expansion opened.

As of my last visit, USAir was still at Terminal 1, but I think they will be moving to Terminal 2 sometime in the future. Once that happens, United will be the only American carrier left in Terminal 1.

just copied this from today's BPE,,,,,,,,,,

Midwest
Level Contributor
562 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJD terminal info...........

Thanks!

So many changes with the airport and the airlines. I remember things by "hubs" and we are going through Houston. . . . so I think Continental but it is now United. . . and it still goes through the old terminal. . .was hoping to get to see the new one, but it looks like I will have to wait.

Renton, Washington...
Level Contributor
544 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJD terminal info...........

katd can you tell me more about the new terminal? Is it air conditioned (assuming it is)? How is customs? Do you still have to wait for the X-Ray on the Mexican side? The reason I ask is we're bringing our 3 year olds this trip, and have about a 40 minutes wait before our friends flight arrives.

thanks!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,468 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SJD terminal info...........

The new Terminal is very nice large modern air conditioned building. They process you thru Immigration and then Customs just like the other terminals.

It has nice restaurants and shops and duty free shopping as you leave Mexico

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJD terminal info...........

The new terminal is beautiful...and your plane gets to use the jetways for boarding and deboarding...sure makes it easier than having to do the steps out on the tarmac/sun. Coming down we had 4 or 5 passengers with wheelchairs...and they were very concerned about the deboarding process. Seeing the jetways for deboarding made them as well as the airport staff very pleased. The airport is very handicapped accessible...and spotlessly clean. Bathrooms were extremely clean...attendant freshened it after each use...WOW!!

Yes, they x-ray your luggage coming into Cabo...that seems to be done at all Mexico airports now...

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SJD terminal info...........

Steve, the new terminal is most certainly airconditioned, and (in our experiences) waiting for your luggage and getting through customs is faster than the old terminal. Also, on our last trip (in March) we noticed that they had set up a decent Cantina outside where you can sit, drink cold beverages, and wait for your friends. Don't know the cost for the beverages, most likely more than in town, but stiil...you will be out of customs, past the shark tank, and outside! A bargain in my opinion.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SJD terminal info...........

As everyone has already mentioned, the new terminal is very nice! Modern, cheery-clean-the area for food is pleasant and the food wasn't horribly over prices...........all in all, they have done a super job with it! I was amazed...............and had to alugh when I thought about the old, original terminal-when there was just one-from years and years ago! Yikes, it was just plain scary! Talk about YUCKY! It was beyond yucky! ;)

bolivia, nc
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SJD terminal info...........

We're flying Delta. Which terminal do they use?

Renton, Washington...
Level Contributor
544 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SJD terminal info...........

thanks for the info everybody.

KatD, my dad described the original terminal to me. It's funny because he hasn't been there in about 20 years. Things have definitely changed over that time period.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SJD terminal info...........

I was on Delta...and we did the new terminal!!

Northern Cali
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SJD terminal info...........

Does this mean they don't line you up and unpack all your dirty laundry in front of everyone before departure? That's just plain disgusting!