We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedregal, first time, Feb 19-25...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
5 posts
Save Topic
Pedregal, first time, Feb 19-25...

I will be in Cabo for the first time Feb 19-25, staying with some old college buddies(we are all around 40), and we rented a beautiful villa in Pedregal. I am wondering if we should rent a car, since I have read about the taxi/shuttle issues, and also we plan to utilize the kitchen and pool at the villa, so we will need groceries and lots of beer! We will want to explore the nightlife as well.

So, is it possible/feasible to cab around to the grocery store, beer store, nightlife easily and conveniently from Pedregal, or should we pony up the cash for our own personal transportation? We will NOT be doing any drunk driving!

Thanks for any help from you veterans out there...if anyone is in the same area, same agenda, and same time frame let me know!

Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pedregal, first time, Feb 19-25...

I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Pedregal. There are many fabulous homes there. If you are higher up on the marina side or over on the Pacific side you will almost certainly find a car not only convenient but necessary. If you plan to spend most of your time at the villa you could get by with taxies and hiking but with all that Cabo and the surrounding areas have to offer that is very unlikely. Many of the villas are a mile or more from the town centre and it is a steep climb up. Have a great time. Few people visit only once! If you are fishermen I strongly recommend a day on the water as much for the view and sea life as for the fishing and the fishing can be great.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,153 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pedregal, first time, Feb 19-25...

If you happened to have rented through either Earth, Sea & Sky or Classic Mexico, they can do your shopping, provide a staff, etc. I would definitely rent a car! It's an incredibly beautiful area, but not a short walk to town. You will have a ball!

Level Contributor
146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pedregal, first time, Feb 19-25...

You are going to have a great time I wanted to do that with a bunch of friends but settled for a hotel and we get there when you leave. Having been to a house in Pedregal last time I was there I would say it depends. If the house is on one end farther away than you may wish to get the car.

You don't need one if you are close but it depends on your tolerance on waiting for cabs to pick you up when you are at the house as well as dealing with the taxi issue. One thing though is that you won't have any problem getting a taxi home even at 4-5 in the morning. If I were me, exclusive of the taxi issue, if I were close I wouldn't get one unless some of the other guys I was with insisted.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pedregal, first time, Feb 19-25...

I stayed at Villa Nobska in Pedregal over Christmas week, and we rented 2 cars from Avis. There were six of us. The nice thing about Pedregal is that it is close to town, but in my opinion, not close enough to walk to town. You could get away with taxis, but you will have to wait for them to get to your house when you want to go somewhere. And if you go shopping, the taxi will either have to wait for you while you shop and meter is running or you will have to call another one when you finish shopping. If there are several people in your group, splitting up the rental cost should be affordable.