We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

Could use some help! I'm looking for a romantic hotel to celebrate our 20th. Budget around $600-$800 per night, could be an all inclusive or not. We don't always use an all inclusive to its full use, but it is still nice for drinks and such. We want to relax, maybe jet ski and do the sand buggies one day, but otherwise be at a beautiful resort with good food and drinks. NO KIDS. We aren't big foodies, but like a good, simple meal. Be at a beautiful pool and be on the beach.

Any suggestions? I have narrowed it down to Capella, Land's End, Las Ventanas, Esperanza or Zoetry Casa Del Mar. Not sure if we should be near Cabo or San Jose. HELP! :)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

Oh, I think you would love Capella. I would stay there in a second. What a beautiful place. It is in a great location, too. You can still get to the marina easy and catch a water taxi over to Medano where all the jet ski and water sports are.

You will find Solmar Beach so relaxing. I do think that kids are allowed at Capella but I rarely see them from my view of the pool from the beach. Unless I am going to the restaurant there I can't just roam through like I would love to. :-)

Congratulations on your 20th!! That is great!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,541 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

Land's End is a rock formation. My husband is frugal, but even he would pick something nicer for our anniversary. シ

I was thinking this sounded like Zoetry. I haven't been there, but it might work. You'd need to take a taxi or drive to the swimmable beach.

Swimmable beaches will be the only place for jet skis / personal watercraft: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c157030

Hacienda Beach Club and Residences is another one to put on your list. It's on swimmable Medano Beach and close enough to walk to town.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

PacNWFamily, I believe the OP is talking about Finisterra rather than the rocks.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

Thanks! I did mean the Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa. It really is between the Grand Solmar, Capella, Esperanza or Las Ventanas. Leaning towards Capella, but it is the priciest. I don't mind spending the money if it really is that special! Is it really above the rest?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

Oh, Grand Solmar would be wonderful too. Not quite as upscale but really really nice and there are plenty of quiet pool areas. If it is quite a bit cheaper I would go to GS. One drawback not picking Capella would be that you would have timeshare people at GS. You will probably have to say no a few times if you don't want to do a presentation but otherwise should be great.

california
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

Well I will chime in, never stayed but have had drinks and dinner at Las Ventanas and Capella a few times. I perfer LV, imho a more romantic choice, more open feeling, a very special feel, like the casita feel vs 2-3 stories of rooms. Huge beach you can walk for ever either direction. Zoetry is next door, stayed before Zoetry LV in a heartbeat. You can walk 10 minutes along the beach toward Hilton and they rent jet skies, kyaks, paddle boards etc etc. I just like the corridor better then CSL. As far as towns we perfer San Jose

Good luck and have a wonderful time. One more thing except for summer LV is warmer then Capella

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

From what I understand, Out of those, Esperanza is the adults-only property. Capella is undergoing construction/refurb through August, so if you are going after that, it will be all done. Las Ventanas looks amazing, but it's far from Cabo San Lucas, but near San Jose (not sure about choices of restaurants there?) We are planning on Esperanza or One and Only in August...it's our anniversary, too and I needed a "C" place--and since it's hurricane season in August, the Caribbean is out. Cabo here we come! Enjoy planning--happy 20th!

8. Re: Romantic Hotel for 20th Wedding Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2014