We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shore fishing in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Longmont
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Shore fishing in Cabo

We are going to Solmar April 27th for a week and plan on doing a charter for one day. If we could afford it, my husband would go every day! Where are there spots to do some shore fishing in Cabo ? He hopes to do some fishing every day and it's our first time in Cabo. We stayed in San Jose once and were able to fish right on the beach but from I understand, the shoreline in front of Solmar is too dangerous to even fish from.

137 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

I like the way you think..:)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

I've fished that beach many times and the folks that know me and have seen me fished have seen me take a few nose dives! You've got to be real quick getting back up the hill from the bottom of the water. I think 9lives knows what I'm talking about. But unless you know what you're doing it's best to stay way up on top of the sand dune and don't go down to the edge of the water! Best to be safe and just have fun! :)

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

That guide's contact information has been posted on this forum. If you're interested in it, as well as another guides information, just put "surf fishing guide" in the search box. That thread will come up.

Actually, I'll save you the trouble. Here's a link that has them:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k53841…

Edited: 11:07 pm, March 17, 2013
Clayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

Hi, I just saw your comments on shore fishing at solar. My wife and I will be there May 5 thru May 11. Is there a way to access your equipment that week. I would certainly be happy to donate whatever is appropriate to any local charity. Email me back at bcdc5823@gmail.com

Thanks Bob C

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

Hi Bob........... May 5 thru May 11 the equipment is available. I sent you a PM and will reserve that week for you.

Longmont
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

Thanks to this forum and Rocky, I was able to secure some fishing equipment and scheduled a guided "trip" with Wesley for my husband! 18 days and counting!

New Windsor...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

Don't know much about fishing but on my first trip to Cabo 10 years ago in June(I think) I watched locals line the beach with fish in the evening and night time . What made it more interesting is that most of them used a tin can and line . Makes for light packing if you want to bring one from home .LOL

Grass Valley, CA
Level Contributor
126 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

Like others have said... be careful around the shore break. It can be quite calm one minute and then a stray monster wave will come in. I've barely made it out a few times...

Boston
Level Contributor
211 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

Tom, Agree.

I make it a point to never talk about Solmar Beach fishng without talking about the dangerous conditions.

I've been knocked down a few times. Worst was a pulled hamstring. It was what I imagine to be like being in a washing machine,

I still love it out there.

The risk/danger can not be emphasized enough.

Have fun but be careful.

eta..my 2nd post on the topic..if it helps 1 person it's worth the repost...:)

Edited: 6:25 pm, April 12, 2013
Sacramento...
2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Shore fishing in Cabo

There are three of us who are very interested in shore fishing and would happily make a donation to support your program and maybe catch a few in the process. We arrive on the 28th and depart on the 2nd. Can you send me some information either through this blog or directly? e-mail: Coming@sbcglobal.net

Reply to: Shore fishing in Cabo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted