We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ilness after returning from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Ilness after returning from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

I am writing in desperation. My daughter , who is 16, has been sick ever since we have returned from Mexico in February. Her symptoms are vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain and fatigue. She has not been back to school since mid-March. We have taken her for numerous tests and have seen numerous doctors and no one has yet to resolve her problem. Now she is getting where she doesn't have an appetite and when she eats the slightest little thing she gets severe abdominal pain. We took her to emergency for treatment yesterday which consisted of IV's and now she is scheduled to see gastroenterologist to rule out other problems which I know she doesn't have. She was in fine health until our return from Mexico. I am not trying to put a damper on anybody's trip because we loved Cabo but I am trying to find out if anyone out there has had this problem and for a long period of time and if so if they got a diagnosis and what type of doctor they seen. We are getting desperate to help her feel better . Thanks for anybody's help they may have. Her doctor thought in the beginning of all of this that she had Montezuma's revenge but all the tests have come back negative and she still has the symptoms.

todos Santos,mexico
7 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Ilness after returning from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

How is your daughter? I hope you have gotten help . I have kept her in my prayers.

Michigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Ilness after returning from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

hmoreno,

Hello!...We still don't have an answer to my daughter's condition. We have to go back again, tomorrow, to the gastroenterologist for results of the gastric emptying scan he did. We had her regular doctor check her stools again for parasites and the results were in today. Guess what?..Those were negative again too. We are still very frustrated. She still is vomiting and having diarrhea. I will keep you informed as soon as I know something. That is very nice of you to inquire about her and we appreciate it. Thanks for all your help and prayers.

43. Re: Ilness after returning from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 13, 2009