We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street vendors with the best goods....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
30 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Street vendors with the best goods....

While we where in Cabo I kept asking everyone where to find tamales. Diego at El Pescador told me to go down the street-headed towards Desperados and turn up the street. So we finish our dinner and headed out. The street is Morales and we ended up on the right side of the street just a short block and a half up from Desperados and we find Fabio with 2 large steaming pots with 6 different types of tamales. I only wanted cheese and jalapeno so I got two and took them back to our "home" and had one for lunch the next day. YUM! Fabio is there (just before the Milano store) in the evenings from 6PM to 6AM. Not sure if it's everyday but if you are craving tamales he has got them! I paid 30 pesos for 2 and they were large and filled. The masa was very good and were wrapped in corn husks-I am not a fan of the banana leaf wrappers. Another great sign was there were many locals eating them right there on the spot. Great to freeze and use as needed.

Also-just before you get to Fabio-same side of the street is the Churro guy. Fresh, warm churros. He has them in a six pack-crispy on the outside-moist on the inside that are really good. I picked up a 6 pack every time we were in the area. At 20 pesos for the pack I get a sugar fix and have extra to go with my coffee in the morn. There was also a single larger churro that he pushes onto a metal rod to create a hole in the churro then fills it with your choose of chocolate, creamy caramel or a fruit (looked like a berry) filling. I tried the caramel on top of one of my plain churros and it was good. Not sure what he charges for those.

Lastly, the fruit lady at the corner of Vincente and Lazaro Cardenas (by Baja Peppers and Jensens) gave me a huge foam cup on mixed cut fruits-cantalope,oranges, mango,pineapple, strawberries,coconut,cucumber,jicama, watermelon, papaya,with fresh lime squeezed over the top. It took my two days to finish it all. At 30 pesos-I will be back for more of that as well.

Since I have gotten the courage to eat from the street vendors this year-I want to know if there are any others that I should hunt down and try?

Oh how I miss Cabo right now~

11. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, March 06, 2013
Edited: 7:35 pm, March 06, 2013
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

There's a place about a block up the street from the Mar de Cortez and at the end of the street from the Giggling Marlin. They have great el pastor and are only open at night. It is a little stand and I have even seen locals drive up and order without getting out of their car! LOL I just can't remember the name of the place. Tyler, help!

Washington
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

Canamerican2: Was it Taco Gus? We were there last week and fhe el pastor was so good!

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

Larry, is it "catty-corner" from the Corner Cafe (now Hooliganz)?

Great late night tacos. Also, don't overlook the one just next to Cabo Cantina on Marina Blvd (in fact, it is owned by Cabo Cantina). Great inexpensive tacos late at night.

*waiting for SJ's post to be removed for using the banned donut company's name*

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

Larry, the one you're talking about is "El Gran Pastor" and it's very good. Great for drive by or walk by tacos :) LeeLeB, Tacos Gus in the pink building are also tasty and you get the benefit of a full bar too!

Cabohooligan, you can stop waiting now :)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

That's it Tyler! I wasn't sure if it was El Gran. Ya, it's just a little wee hole in the wall place and it's real good! I think so anyway! Karen says to say hi! :P

Edited: 8:47 pm, March 06, 2013
17. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, March 07, 2013
18. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

19. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Street vendors with the best goods....

Test: Churro guy on Morelos street.

(I think he's the one)