We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimmable beach resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lubbock, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Swimmable beach resort

Help :). Trying to plan a trip in July. First time to Cabo, and really all I have to compare is AI in Playa. From what I've researched...AI not really necessary or big in Cabo...thoughts? Also...we want nice pools and a beach we can simply walk down to and swim/stroll. Any help appreciated! We're game for renting, or going resort...just want nice pools to relax and a beach! :) (I've read and researched all the questions to the right...looked at reviews etc.) Budget...eh mid-range.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimmable beach resort

Lots of people like the resorts on Medano Beach in Cabo and walkable to the lovely Marina and all the bars/restaurants in town.

The RIU Sante fe might fit into you budget. It is on the edge of cabo and might require a short cab ride.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimmable beach resort

If you don't go AI check out the Casa Dorada on Medano beach- it is the newest resort in that area, very easily walkable to all the great restaurants and bars in town and has a beautiful pool area. Or if you need a little less expesive both of the Pueblo Bonito properties which are located side by side just down the beach a bit are very nice too. Older but very well maintained and both of these offer an AI option. I personally don't think the cost is worth it though as you can eat better and for less in the great restaurants along the beach, in the marina or in town.

Lubbock, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimmable beach resort

Thanks so much! I'm trying wrap my head around a non AI option...I think it's just foreign bc we've never gone that route on a beach vacation. Are drinks at the pool reasonable, etc.? I agree on eating at the restaurants in town! :) I like the location etc. of CD...do you have any advice on the best way to book? :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,474 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimmable beach resort

peppersteph ~ if you can find a rental from a timeshare owner, that's almost always a better price. But your visit needs to be for a week. Ideas for timeshare rentals are in that Resorts on a Beach article you read in the Top Questions.

Redweek at Casa Dorada redweek.com/resort/…for-rent This is a popular resort so it's harder to find good priced rentals. A 1 bed 1 bath might be $1600 at Casa Dorada and only $800 at Pueblo Bonito Blanco or Rose. CD is much newer and has king size beds. Is it worth twice the price? Maybe.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimmable beach resort

Most people staying at non Al purchase their Alcohol and snacks on the way to the resort at Walmart. Then they make drinks and snacks in the rooms and put them in a big floppy bag to take to the pool. They buy the odd drink and snack from the servers and tip them to keep everything cool.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,837 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimmable beach resort

The Majority of the resorts have complete kitchens, So its possible to prepare meals in your room.

7. Re: Swimmable beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 06, 2014