We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getaway dealz / Globequest travel club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Getaway dealz / Globequest travel club

We booked a trip to Cabo San Lucas through Getaway dealz. They charge $399.00 plus tax which was about $530.00 total for the hotel for 8 days and one way transportation to the hotel from the airport. We stayed at Me Cabo resort hotel on medano beach. The normal price for this hotel is about $1700.00 for 7 nights. We had to pay getaway dealz the $530 up front for this promotion. The deal was to go to a 90 min. timeshare promotion. The timeshare was at the Casa Dorado next to Me Cabo. After arriving at the hotel they set us up for the next day to go to the presentation. I have only been to one other timeshare presentation. They were very nice and included breakfast then showed us around the property wow was it gorgeous. The timeshare business normally has high pressure salespeople. Bressa and Poncho who worked with us were very nice. It was a pleasant surprise. For the record I don't work or know people from these companies. Paul

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getaway dealz / Globequest travel club

No I didn't have any issues with Globequest travel/ getaway dealz in Cabo. Normally it's buyer remorse that makes people mad. When you go to the presentation don't drink!!! If your not interested just say no!!

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getaway dealz / Globequest travel club

I miss Sheriff Joes buddy.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getaway dealz / Globequest travel club

$600 is the cost of the annual maintenance fee for a studio at ME. So, basically you paid the equivalent of an owner's maintenance fee for the unit. That's a reasonable fee. Personally, I'd rather rent from an owner and not have to go to the timeshare presentation, but at least it was painless for you.

For anyone looking to buy at the ME, I noticed redweek had an ad for a floating studio for $0. Just pay the closing costs. Probably more on the resale market on other ts resale websites, too.

14. Re: Getaway dealz / Globequest travel club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 17, 2014